Director of Marketing Communications
Reporting to the VP Business Development & Marketing, this position is responsible for the marketing communications of the Company.
Company designs and manufactures high-performance, ruggedized computer, display and I/O systems, as well as software solutions, for military and commercial applications. We are seeking motivated, hands on Marketing Director experienced in product positioning/branding, NPI and driving SEO leads. Plan to grow sales from 30M to 100M through organic grow and acquisitions.
- Develop and execute a Marcom program including PR and advertising, as well as other programs
- Understands current and potential customer decision-makers and buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria
- Understands the competitive landscape; leaders, trailers, niche players, and the strengths, weaknesses, and outlook for each and translates that the competitive advantages for the company
- Manage creation and distribution of all necessary collateral materials including development of all collateral materials, web content and other related customer facing tools, content materials and messaging including:
- Product, sales and company collateral, video etc.
- Tools that support the promotion of the company; products and services that portray the company as the expert in each of its sub market
- Content development that positions the company as a leader in its industry and space through thought leadership materials including, but not limited to, white papers, infographics, blog posts, social media, newsletters, and PPT presentations
- Supports and oversees development of content for internal and external presentations
- Manages public facing website and social media portraying the company as a world class leader.
- Distributes release updates both within the organization and to clients
- Develops a client engagement plan to engage clients and promote upsell opportunities (i.e. newsletters, training videos, etc.)
- Present company products and strategy to key customers
- Determine and establish presence at trade shows and industry specific events
- Manages and protect corporate brand(s) including development of brand positioning, brand guidelines, and registration of marks
- Develops and executes acquisition brand integration strategies
- Responsible for the public relations function
- Develops branded materials including premiums, signage, literature etc.
- Develops brand positioning and messaging for the company as well as associated products and services
- Develops and provides topic calendar to insure messaging is on point with product and brand positioning as well as personally author pieces as required
- Acts as brand and company ambassador at certain industry and related events or forums
- Evaluates, negotiates and manages industry events and sponsorships
- BS in Marketing or equivalent
- 15+ years in Industrial Marketing and Marketing Communications
- Past experience in industrial computing and/or control technologies
- Ability to lead by example, willing to roll up sleeves and act as player/coach
- Organized and able to prioritize competing and multiple projects and requests concurrently
- Poised and professional in speaking to clients, prospects, press and industry leaders
- Strong communicator and collaborator, able to forge productive working relationships inside and outside the organization
- Ability to travel 25-30% of time