TeamSnap is looking for an experienced Media Account Executive who will play a critical role in hunting and developing a book of business-targeting brands/agencies. If you can sell ice cream in a blizzard, let’s talk!
We’re an award-winning mobile and web service for managing recreational and competitive sports teams and groups. With almost 15 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap has quickly become one of the fastest-growing team and group management solutions on the planet.
We are looking for fun people with big ideas and tiny egos who do great work. We hire awesome people, give them the tools to achieve great things and provide strong two-way communication so everyone can grow in their roles and find passion in their work. We strive for long-term, committed employees who feel strong ownership of the company, culture and product.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the GM, Advertising & Digital Commerce you'll be responsible for hunting for new business and helping TeamSnap grow our online ad business.
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow and maintain a national account list that includes: CPG, Travel & Hospitality, Sports & Apparel, Finance, and Insurance.
- Sell current portfolio of digital ad solutions across mobile and web display media, both programmatic and native solutions.
- Develop thoughtful and tailored POVs for clients relative to TeamSnap’s leadership in the youth sports management & communication space.
- Meet and exceed revenue and sales targets.
- Drive partnership performance through engagement of key stakeholders at the senior level, and deliver world-class customer service.
- Coordinate with pre and post-sales teams at TeamSnap to maximize revenue potential with optimal efficiency.
- Post celebratory animated GIFs in Slack when you close a major deal.
- Negotiate pricing and contractual agreements with clients and agencies.
- Manage activity using Salesforce.com.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- 3-5+ years of digital media advertising sales experience required. This is a must, no exceptions on this one. We are looking for someone that has sold Online Advertising.
- Extensive contacts and relationships with leading agencies and clients.
- Strong point of view on future of digital and mobile.
- NY or Chicago based - this is a remote role; however, we want someone in one of these markets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Athlete/team minded … goal-oriented and passion for winning.Deep understanding of the advertising marketplace with a focus on mobile and digital platforms.
- Ability to develop and manage a consistent sales pipeline, and a proven track record of exceeding goals.
- Creative, smart, and passionate, as well as a problem solver and a team player.
- Willingness to travel when needed.
Skills and attributes we’d like you to have
- Persuasive - You enjoy the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over.
- Goal Oriented - You feel as though you start each day at zero and must accomplish something.
- Adaptability - You respond willingly to the demands of the moment and seek out constructive feedback to constantly improve.
- Discipline/Diligence - You prepare and set up routines; focus on timelines and deadlines.
- Self-Assurance/Independence – You are able to take risks, meet new challenges, stake claims and deliver, working with a distributed team.
- Communication - You are a strong communicator, 1-1, in group settings and online.
- Collaborative - You work well with others and are nice. We’re nice around here.
- Cooperatively competitive - You want to win, but you also want to help your co-workers and the company win.
- Join a revolutionary, award-winning company that has been named Outside Magazine’s Best Places To Work 2016.
- Our culture is based around trust and empowerment.
- Flexible working environment that rewards creative, ambitious people – we measure effectiveness and results, not the appearance of being “busy.”
- Plenty of opportunities to grow professionally.
- TeamSnap is a fun product – you’ll have fans.
- We never hold Bring Your Cat To Work Day and Bring Your Parakeet To Work Day on the same day anymore.
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup. We’re an established player in a massive market. We have a proven revenue model, an experienced management team, solid funding and a strong plan moving forward.
If you have big ideas, this is the place to make them happen. Please submit a your résumé along with a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for TeamSnap. Don't be afraid to show us your personality!
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive TeamSnap's success.
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and beliefs are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.
P.S. We highly recommend that you sign up for a free trial of TeamSnap to learn more about the web and mobile applications. If you'd like us to extend the trial beyond 21 days, just let us know.