The Advertising Age brand of Crain Communications is seeking a candidate for the position of “Data Analyst.” The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded individual, who desires to be involved in all aspects of our digital media businesses. S/he will also be a highly analytical multitasker, who communicates clearly and effectively across an organization, as well as when facing media customers and clients.
Utilizing tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Salesforce, ExactTarget, Moat, SimpleReach, Brightcove, Domo, and Optimizely, the Data Analyst will deliver reports, dashboards, tactical moves and strategies that accelerate the effectiveness of deeply actionable analytics across the organization. Essential activities of the role will also include multivariate testing, sales optimization strategies and lead nurturing tactics.
Analytics and Reporting:
- Advance, refine and update both automated and ad hoc dashboards, quarterly interactive audits, and reports and data visualizations, reformulating performance and trend analysis into business insights and actionable intelligence
- Continuously assess audience trends and ensure that editorial, product, marketing and sales KPIs are consequential, delivering ongoing recommendations for strategic and tactical advancements with respect to digital product and services
- Serve as the key in-house expert in data analytics, sharing best practices, methods, tools and technologies related to obtaining, interpreting and acting upon meaningful intelligence
- Collaborate with the ad sales and program management teams to improve and streamline campaign analytics reporting, advising clients/agencies with respect to opportunities to optimize both the user experience and marketing performance of their digital campaigns
- Identify mid-campaign add-on opportunities for our top digital clients, based on shifts in inventory
- Work with our ad sales, audience development, events and marketing teams to develop increasingly streamlined lead-generation and -nurturing programs for both our clients/agencies and our in-house conferences- and subscription-revenue efforts
- Advise our program management and events teams on best practices to leverage SEO, other “outside” marketing and social media to optimize and extend leads and campaign performance
- Support program management team by compiling promised metrics reports for client programs, providing key insights and recommendations as appropriate
- Proactively identify insights and recommendations for optimizing retention, engagement and growth of audiences targeted within our next-generation digital products and services offerings
- Develop, design and execute A/B and multivariate tests across our digital offerings, measuring, weighing and recommending best paths forward in our digital advance
- Partner with our marketing and digital leads in developing product positioning and launch plans
- Collaborate with our audience development and digital leads as we develop, test, and optimize our paywall strategies that, through data, allow us to behaviorally target users and move them through the registration and subscription funnel, including newsletter sign-ups.
*Other responsibilities/duties as require.
- 5-7 years of professional experience within a media company, agency or digital consulting firm
- BA/BS degree (quantitative major preferred)
- Analytics proficiencies in several of following platforms: DoubleClick, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Salesforce, Brightcove, ExactTarget, Optimizely, Domo, Moat, SimpleReach.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and Google Docs
- Excellent analytic skills with the ability to identify and articulate critical observations and insights from complex data sets
- Exceptional communication and client-service skills
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to use PowerPoint or even some Photoshop or InDesign to present data in a visual, graphical format
- Knowledge of statistics
Advertising Age is the leading global source of news, intelligence and conversation for the marketing and media community. Ongoing coverage of strategic topics like CMO Strategy and data-driven marketing is complemented by breaking news on digital, social media and more. The 85-year-old media brand also produces industry rankings including the 200 Leading National Advertisers report, Agency A-List and the annual Agency Report.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
Crain Communications Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. EOE/Vet/Disability
Please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law Poster provided by OFCCP here.