The Product Manager will manage brand-level digital product management initiatives across a number of company publications by acting as the liaison between editorial/business vision and technical execution. The product manager is responsible for understanding the business requirements, scope and priorities for each of the publications they support. This position will work collaboratively with other product managers, publication stakeholders, production managers and the engineering team. The position will be based in the company’s New York office and will report to the Director of Product Management.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify user and business needs and opportunities across the respective brands/customers and translate those into product requirements
- Assist Brands in determining priorities based on ROI and consulting w/key stakeholders to ensure roadmaps are defined using a data-driven lens
- Work as part of an Agile team, turning product requirements into user stories, manage and continuously groom the product backlog(s), work with the engineering team during pointing sessions, and set the cross-publication priorities going in to each bi-weekly sprint
- Follow best practices for requirements gathering, user story creation, user-acceptance definition, wire-framing and any other artifact needed to effectively convey product vision to the engineering team
- With the product management team, act as the “voice of the product” throughout the Agile development process with an eye towards creating consistencies and efficiencies in products across Crain
- When necessary, collaborate with usability experts to ensure the appropriate design is being leveraged and usability best practices are being followed
- Collaborate on A/B testing efforts with stakeholders. Ensure appropriate roadmap items are identified to test and help define the measurement metrics
- Participate in the User Acceptance Testing process after the product has been delivered by Engineering to ensure in-scope, on-time releases to the internal stakeholders
- Ensure publication stakeholders are staying up-to-speed on the various products and platforms at their disposal to reinforce consistency across brands
- Support continuous digital product improvement across relevant brands by utilizing data-driven decision making and assessing user feedback
- Act as the key liaison between editorial and business side stakeholders and the engineering team who will execute on their product vision
- Work with others on the Product Management team to identify common needs across Brands and promote product standardization wherever feasible
- As needed, assists Brand marketing teams in creating marketing programs for product launches
Requirements the ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of demonstrated expertise in the product management discipline specifically in the digital media space
- Experience with the Agile development process
- A strong understanding of social media platforms, advertising platforms, marketing automation platforms and analytics platforms specifically for digital media publishers.
- Experience with Drupal CMS platform is a strong plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency in w/content management systems a plus (WordPress, Drupal, Jira)
- A collaborative, consensus-building approach and the ability to work in an unstructured and fast changing environment
Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with over 30 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism which readers have relied upon for over 90 years.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader. To apply for this position please visit our website at www.crain.com and search under the employment section.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly.
Crain Communications Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. EOE/Vet/Disability
Please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law Poster provided by OFCCP here.