We are looking for Custom Content Project Manager to join the Custom Content group of Crain’s New York Business. Core competencies include solid communication skills, excellent organizational skills, high level of creativity and a passion for the vital and growing field of custom content marketing.
This Project Manager will be a key player at a growing, dynamic media organization and will work with both the Senior Content Manager and the Director of Custom Content.
The successful candidate must be able to adapt to an ever-changing and ever-growing organization which is branching out into new mediums rapidly. This position is based in New York and is full time.
Specifics of the role:
- Translate business objectives into marketing programs to drive revenue and grow market share.
- Work with the Director of Custom Content on the execution of large scale programs including multi-platform customer events for our advertisers as well as Crain’s custom initiatives.These large scale programs would include promotions across all platforms and an event execution.
- Assist as needed, in the creation of compelling and attractive powerpoint presentations for custom pitches/proposals with a thorough understanding of appropriate deliverables, including custom digital solutions (including native advertising, content hubs/microsites, videos, newsletters, e-blasts, custom social media etc.), custom core competencies in print (advertorials/special sections/sponsored content), custom events, and custom whitepapers/custom research.
- Tactically manage and support all execution of sold thru content programs (project management including: development of timelines, trafficking and review of materials, estimation of costs, working with freelancers/vendors, routing for client approvals and providing client recaps etc.)
- Creation and maintenance of sell sheets for all custom programs (print, online and multiplatform) custom capabilities presentations
- Maintain excellent vendor relationships with a large number of freelancers including journalists, copyeditors, and designers, event freelancers, venue contacts etc.
- Digital project management:
- Creation of html emails used to promote custom programs which will include responsibilities such as: overseeing design, light html coding, and overseeing deployment.
- Posting and content entry of custom documents online
- Campaign management of running custom digital content campaigns including asset gathering (screen grabs)
- Event project management:
- Work with Crain’s custom team to finalize event details including date, honorees, keynote speaker, custom activations for clients, visual elements, registration/ check-in, transportation, staging and AV needs, staffing, budget and all details pertaining to venue and PR; develop production schedule, all timelines and run-of-show.
- Spearhead the liaison relationship with the chosen event venue for overall event flow, from walk-throughs to determine room(s) and set-up to event timing, contract negotiation, insurance needs, menu, décor/florals, signage, AV needs, red carpet, VIP meet & greets and security.
- Print project management:
- Work with the Senior Custom Content Manager on the execution of advertorials, special sections (route between journalists, copy editors and designers)
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communications
- At least 2 years of work experience in a media setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong writing (promotional and business) is a must
- Experience leading the marketing and communication strategy for events
- Reporting experience
- High level of attention to detail, very organized, strong project management skills
- Have the ability to collaborate in cross-team environment and to work in an open office format
- Must be very proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Creative thinker, ability to develop new concepts and custom solutions based on strategic information provided and resources at hand
- Be self-motivated, proactive team member
- Excellent customer service attitude/professionalism
- Knowledge of InDesign and Adobe suite and basic knowledge of HTML5
- Business reporting is preferred