Join our WINNING team as a UX/UI Designer
Do you want to design websites and apps that will change the way people buy, sell and own their cars? Do you want to be part of a rapidly grown in-house design team in a brand new position? At CARFAX we've been creating revolutionary products for more than 30 years. We're looking for someone to join our team with a passion for creating a consistent, engaging, and delightful experience for our portfolio of websites and mobile app offerings. We seek an inspiring Mobile Web/User Experience (UX) Designer with proven expertise in blending user-centered design methodologies and flawless execution to create digital experiences that are intuitive and delightful to use.
Based at our Centreville, VA campus, this position will be responsible for helping create our strategic vision and will work with product and marketing managers to develop user flows and wireframes and turn them into stunning visuals. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, desire to be part of a dynamic creative team, this may be the perfect job for you. This position will interact with all departments, and work closely with the senior leadership of CARFAX.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Everyone on Team CARFAX knows their work has purpose and contributes to our mission to help consumers throughout the lifecycle of buying, owning and selling their car. Our culture offers a unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting and our employee-focused culture is consistently honored as a Best Place to Work in both our Virginia and Missouri locations.
Our UX/UI Designers:
- Collaborate side by side with product and marketing managers as well as developers across the business to design high-quality digital products and user experiences.
- Use creative research methods and available data to inform design decisions and evaluate the effective of the designs.
- Design high-quality, thoughtful interfaces that balance aesthetics and usability.
- Use prototyping tools to demonstrate interactive designs that captivate our users.
- Enjoy working with agile development teams on applications, and helping our product manager focus on realistic deliverables.
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
- Are familiar with possibilities and the limitations of current development approaches for web applications and native mobile applications.
- Illustrate a firm grasp of the user centered design process (Strategy, Research, Design and Testing), and be able to lead the product team through the various stages when applicable.
To be considered to work at CARFAX, you should exhibit these characteristics too
In a given week, our UX/UI Designers might be:
- Leading a whiteboard session with the rest of the project team (product manager, developers, etc.) to brainstorm designs.
- Creating user workflows or information architecture for a complex new feature.
- Evaluate the usability of a proposed feature or product by testing a prototype with users.
- Facilitate workshops with the product team to help evaluate which product concepts to build out.
UX/UI Designers must also:
- Have 3-5 years of experience designing mobile and web interfaces.
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with digital product design.
- Have prior experience designing native mobile apps (iOS and Android).
- Be proficient in using design tools such as the Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have an online portfolio of UX/UI work samples you can share with us.*
*Please Note: an online portfolio is required for consideration.