We are looking for an enthusiastic, dependable Public Relations Manager to join the NetApp PR team. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, go-getter with a strategic mindset and strong expertise in the enterprise technology media landscape. This individual has a passion for technology and knows how to unpack complex technology subject matter to tell compelling stories that drive consistent coverage results.
The Public Relations Manager will be responsible for developing and executing strategic PR programs that include product launches, proactive thought leadership, customer stories, media events and speaking and awards aligned to company priorities and goals. This individual contributor will bring an outside-in perspective to their PR initiatives and partner with cross-functional teams throughout NetApp to drive impactful results.Job Requirements
- Develop and execute creative PR campaigns that align to company objectives and will increase awareness of and drive leadership for NetApp in key areas including Cloud, DevOps, AI and Flash.
- Work cross-functionally with teams including product and solutions marketing, social media, analyst relations, and customer references, etc. to develop strategic PR campaigns aligned to company priorities.
- Lead PR workstream for product launches and announcements, contributing to broader cross-functional launch initiatives.
- Partner with PR agency team to manage relationships with key journalists and demonstrate an ability to bring an outside-in perspective to PR campaigns to achieve results, within a set budget.
- Think globally and collaborate with regional PR counterparts and agency teams in APAC and EMEA to ensure PR program and external messaging alignment.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in public relations or corporate communications, ideally in both in-house and agency settings. Enterprise/tech experience required.
- Established relationships with media and demonstrated media relations success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude for identifying compelling stories and telling them in a clear and effective way.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and deadline drive.
- Ability to collaborate with many different stakeholders and balance competing priorities.
- A team player, with a proven ability to influence and build consensus.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build and maintain relationships, coach, advise and influence executives and other key stakeholders.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto