Excitement awaits our guests at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino! Located off exit 58 of the Long Island Expressway, just 10 minutes from Long Island MacArthur Airport, Jake's 58 welcomes our guests with service that's unforgettable. Whether dining in our bistro or having a drink at the bar, taking in a getaway in one of our 278 rooms, or experiencing the excitement of our gaming floor, Jake's 58 is conveniently located to serve almost 3 million people on Long Island.The Opportunity
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategic planning, direction and implementation of all marketing and promotional aspects of Jake's 58 promotions, events, advertising and database marketing to ensure operational effectiveness and maximum profitability.
- Knowledge of promotions principles and practices and marketing in a customer service oriented environment.
- Experience developing, organizing, and evaluating promotions.
- Experience in documenting promotions and developing execution plans.
- Experience in marketing sales.
- Experience in assessing operations, staffing and fiscal needs.
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Must be able to implement sound and effective marketing programs in the following areas: Promotions and Events, Advertising and Database.
- Accountable to understand and comply with all regulatory guidelines, submissions, policies and procedures.
- Accountable to ensure Database Specialist and Graphic & Digital Designer understand and comply with all regulatory guidelines, submissions, policies and procedures.
- Work within G&E and across Delaware North subsidiaries seeking opportunities to collaborate on marketing initiatives
- Understand the goals and vision of the organization, and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance
- Adhere to the marketing plan set forth by the Sr. Director of Marketing or above, by developing promotions (written documentation and execution plan), advertising and database plan to provide the staff with necessary information to achieve successful results.
- Strong understanding of P&L, pro and post formats and checkbook accounting.
- Direct Graphic and Content Designer to develop and produce collateral pieces, in conjunction with the advertising agency, to promote the property and its activities.
- Senior Marketing Manager will oversee Graphic and Content Designer to maintain the brand of Jake's 58.
- Senior Marketing Manager and the Database Specialist will oversee the accuracy of department player data.
- Maintain strict confidential guidelines concerning all guest interactions and records.
- Approve all hiring, training, evaluation and scheduling of Graphic and Content Designer and Database Specialist.
- Serve as liaison between company and player tracking vendor in regards to system issues. Communicate all issues to Sr. Director of Marketing or above.
- Conduct employee-counseling and coaching sessions including corrective action reports as needed.
- Conduct all employee yearly review, goal requirements and necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Understand the goals and vision of the organization.
- Must role model company guest service program.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for the management and overall strategy, development and specific tactics for Database Marketing, Player Development, Creative/Graphic, Marketing Administration, Player Rewards, Guest Services.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be able to obtain a New York State Gaming License
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in advertising, promotions and database casino marketing supervisory position required.
- Experience in casino marketing systems required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance.
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence Warehouse and SAS tools preferred
- Working knowledge of SQL, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, desktop publishing programs (ie Quark Xpress, Photoshop, and Acrobat)
- Developing promotions and writing gaming submissions required
- Excellent guest service skills required
- Excellent written and verbal skills required
- Excellent strategic thinking and decision making skills required, Solid financial acumen
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to manage people
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform successfully under pressure
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.