- City of Seattle - Seattle Information Technology Department
Client Service Advisor
Salary: $41.50 - $62.27 Hourly
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Classified Civil Service, Regular, Full-Time
Department: Seattle Information Technology
Job Number: 24
Closing: 11/19/2019 4:00 PM Pacific
Seattle IT (ITD) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Client Service Advisor with the Client Solutions Office to provide service delivery to ITD business customers, specifically supporting the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT).
As a city, Seattle is known as a progressive leader in technology, innovation and the environment. As an employer, the City of Seattle is leading local government in environmental stewardship and social justice amongst other things, making our City what it is today and shaping our exciting future. The organization's workforce plays a critical role in making this possible.
Seattle IT is the technology backbone of the City of Seattle's complex operations and its ability to deliver a wide array of services for the residents of Seattle. The 700+ strong professionals in Seattle IT are involved in the full spectrum of a modern IT enterprise offering many dynamic career opportunities. Our vision is simple: be a Best-In-Class Digital Services Delivery Team and set best practices for others to follow.
Position Overview & Description:
This Client Service Advisor position will report to the ITD Client Service Director, liaison for the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT). SDOT is a recognized leader in delivering municipal transportation solutions focused on equity, sustainability, safety, efficiency and reliability. As the IT Department's Client Service Advisor supporting SDOT, you will be part of a team helping to identify, plan and implement technology systems and services preparing Seattle for 21st century emerging transportation innovations.
Client Service Advisor positions assist in providing on-going and consistent support to Seattle IT's business customers by working with the client to assist in developing and executing their business technology strategies. Specifically, this includes developing and maintaining the client's Strategic Technology Plan/Roadmap, developing business need statements; providing exemplary customer service to help improve IT services/support to clients; prioritizing concepts for proposal development; and conducting portfolio reviews. This position will also play a key role in maintaining SDOT's Technology Governance Framework and facilitating SDOT's Technology Coordination Committee (TCC). Experience should include knowledge of technology use in government/public sector or similar organizations, project management, business analysis, organizational change management, and navigating logistics.
- Facilitate discussions between individuals or groups with diverse perspectives, skill sets, competencies and resources to establish and accomplish business objectives and goals.
- Coordinate the work of IT professionals, economists, business stakeholders, managers and others to deliver technology initiative concept proposals, business cases, project capital budget submissions, strategic documents, project plans, project resourcing recommendations, and technology roadmaps within designated timeframes and per expectation.
- Guide and collaborate with business area managers at all levels to identify, prioritize, initiate, collate time, cost, resource and dependency data related to technology projects, services and initiatives.
- Assist the business client with developing appropriate business cases for a variety of technology programs and projects that result in the development, enhancement, upgrade of applications and integrated business systems.
- Manage and facilitate various Technology Steering Committee/Governance meetings with business partners.
- Manage escalation of complex matters and operational issues to satisfactory resolution.
- Work with customers, project managers, application owners, and others to ensure awareness of progress, risks and results of projects, enhancements, upgrades, etc.
- Design and deliver performance, KPIs and service measures for technology services delivered to City Departments who use the shared services of Seattle IT.
- Participate in the development of operational and project metrics, division/team Objectives and Key Results (OKR), two-way communication & reporting, and annual work plans.
- Assist business clients in navigating the project and operational policies, processes and procedures of the ITD; and assist ITD in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of relevant processes/procedures.
These responsibilities are only a summary of typical functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Position may perform other duties comparable to the Strategic Advisor 2 level.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education/training/experience that provide an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class may be evaluated on an individual basis for comparability.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer science, business, information technology, or a field in which you can demonstrate project management, analysis or logistics as demonstrated through education and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in the information technology field.
Most successful candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Experience working with project lifecycle, coordination and management is a plus.
- Ability to tailor and deliver messages to different audiences, including departmental leaders, peers, customers and others.
- Experience with information technology operations within the government/public sector, ideally including public safety, utilities, transportation, and other general government agencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to communicate with customers, vendors, partners, and business managers across various levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and strong customer services skills.
- Process-oriented, with strong attention to details and ongoing improvements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio.
- A commitment to exemplary customer service, assisting ITD in its goal of being a Best-In-Class Digital Service provider.
NOTE: Submit cover letter & resume along with NeoGov application.
NOTE: Employment contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive criminal background investigation in compliance with Seattle's Fair Change Employment Ordinance SMC 14.17.
700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500
Seattle, Washington, 98104