Regional Marketing Manager- California and Oregon
Acreage Holdings is the largest vertically integrated, multi-state owner of cannabis licenses and assets in the U.S. We deeply believe in the transformational power that cannabis has to heal and change the world. Our mission is to champion and provide access to cannabis beneficial properties by creating the best quality products and experiences.
The Regional Marketing Manager (RMM) will manage and execute the brand strategy of Acreage Holdings and our portfolio of consumer brands. Serving as the main conduit between corporate marketing in New York and our General Managers of each region, the RMM will work to ensure brand standards are met and exceeded with consumers, in our retail locations, support our PR efforts with local media, and support our sales efforts.
The RMMs primary focus will be supporting our retail locations in the region - driving traffic to stores, ensuring quality execution of visual merchandising guidelines, building engagement with budtenders, educating consumers, and reaching out to local influencers and healthcare providers.
This role will require a resourceful, entrepreneurial person who is comfortable with the constantly shifting regulations around cannabis at the state and local level. Experience with consumer brands and retail are preferred.
- Develop and execute a regional marketing plan as an extension of brand strategy
- Develop and execute promotions and programs to drive sales and consumer engagement
- Measure, evaluate and report on regional marketing initiatives
- Manage regional marketing budgets
- Establish a strong network of regional partners, building the reputation of Acreage Holdings and our consumer brands as a good neighbor and community leader
- Work closely with General Managers and retail staff to drive staff training, consumer education, and cannabis trade engagement
- Support the promotion of our wholesale brands and retail locations at launch, and at key selling moments in the annual calendar
- Provide market intelligence to corporate marketing in NYC
- Manage regional execution of marketing initiatives, supported by corporate marketing: events and experiential, social media content, website content and working with local PR
- Ensure all marketing efforts are compliant with local regulations
- This role reports to the Regional Marketing Director, West with dotted line to the General Manager
- Minimum of 5+ years of sales / marketing experience, preferably in consumer products / retail
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Creative thinking around sales programs and promotional tactics
- A passion for the healing benefits of cannabis
- Strong relationships in the region, ideally with community influencers and other key stakeholders
- Strong project management skills, from development to execution on time and on budget
- Experience managing a budget, tracking costs and processing invoices
- Collaborative mindset, working with corporate marketing, product, regional teams, retail staff, and the community