Job ID: 19-10669
Type: Regular Full-Time
System Office 1919 Building
Everything we do at Legacy fulfills one mission: to make life better for others. No matter their area of expertise, our professionals strive to create an environment that is supportive, dynamic and compassionate. If you want to be part of our mission, and you excel at providing strategic insight in your area of expertise and collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders, we invite you to consider this opportunity.
The PR strategist is responsible for developing awareness, acquisition and loyalty programs for consumers, providers and other business partners to achieve business goals such as reputation management, patient volume and revenue growth. The strategist works with cross-functional, organization-wide teams to achieve assigned business objectives. The strategist is responsible for effective presentation of recommendations and representing the division to a wide range of stakeholders and decision-makers, including Legacy leadership, community partners, external business organizations and/or the media in order to influence decision-making and outcomes. The strategist serves as project manager for assigned programs, accountable from initial opportunity assessment and planning through reporting and ongoing performance improvement. In addition, the strategist leads multi-disciplinary division project teams, ensuring that all team members contribute appropriately according to their skill set, and is accountable for achieving measurable outcomes.
Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or related field. Master's degree preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
A minimum 7 years of experience overall including at least 3 years in a senior role in public relations, marketing or communications in a corporate or agency setting. Experience in health care, biomed, or insurance sectors preferred. Experience successfully influencing and collaborating with senior-level leaders, physicians, clients/stakeholders and business and/or community partners required. Knowledge of consumer behavior and market dynamics as they relate to health care required; knowledge of health care industry strongly preferred. Experience developing, implementing and measuring strategies to meet business goals required. Minimum of 3 years' experience in project and budget management preferred.
Demonstrated ability to:
- adapt to and help lead change; identify areas for improvement and recommend solutions
- collaborate with coworkers in a way that recognizes and supports their talents and skills; contribute to the culture consistent with Legacy's Values in Action
- be flexible in accomplishing the goals of an initiative, manage and prioritize multiple demands and respond to rapidly changing priorities
- develop and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, providers, and Legacy leadership/staff
- present self effectively with all levels of leadership and with outside organizations, influence through credibility and expertise, champion division strategies and initiatives, and appropriately manage stakeholder expectations, educating as necessary to ensure common understanding
- work successfully both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- use independent judgment and critical thinking skills to effectively make appropriate decisions related to the position
- use exceptional writing, interpersonal and proactive problem-solving skills, including the ability to translate technical information and present it in a clear and relevant way to various audiences and effectively advocate for recommended approaches
- understand and effectively use a variety of communication media, including digital and traditional, and internal and external-facing channels
- Use systems thinking and understanding of business priorities in problem-solving, resulting in solutions with appropriate use of division and organizational resources
LEGACY'S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy's Values in Action.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled