Solar Canvasser - Entry Level Sales & Direct Marketing
Are you ready to launch your career in one of the fastest-growing environmental industries?
SunnyMac Solar is a Master Dealer of SunPowers record-breaking solar panel technology. Unlike most solar companies, we design, engineer, and manufacture every system that bears the SunPower name. We provide the most efficient and reliable solar panels, backed by an industry-leading warranty. We are invested in our local communities, using our expertise to help homeowners save money on their energy costs while simultaneously reducing our local carbon footprint, one installed Solar Power System at a time. We are a member of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) and NABCEP Certified.
- Do you have any Door-to-Door canvassing experience?
- Are you an ambitious go-getter that is hungry for more than just a paycheck?
- Do you care about our planet?
- Are you a proponent of renewable energy and have a passion for solar?
- Would you like a career with growth opportunity?
- Would you like a career that helps you to better the environment?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then SunnyMac Solar is interested in you!
We are expanding and in need of environmentally conscious, personable, outgoing, goal-achieving, career-minded individuals with an aptitude for learning, a can-do attitude, and the ability to handle rejection with a smile. Our ideal candidates are progressive self-starters that are tech-savvy, personable and articulate communicators with retail, marketing, lead generation, appointment setting, and/or sales experience.
This is a Part-Time, Entry Level Sales, Door to Door Canvassing Opportunity.
- Competitive hourly wage with a generous bonus plan.
- Candidates must be available to work a seasonally rotating schedule that includes nights and weekends.
- Candidates MUST be at least 18 years of age, have reliable transportation, own a tablet or smartphone with a wifi data plan, and be able to pass a criminal background check
Required Job Functions:
- Must be Tech-Savvy Own and utilize a tablet or smartphone (iPad, iPhone, or Android device).
- Must be able to stand on feet and walk at least 4 hours per shift.
- Must be willing and able to work in all types of weather conditions: cold, heat, wind, rain, snow, etc.
- Must be able to clearly articulate, write, and maintain detailed records.
- To qualify and educate homeowners about the benefits of solar energy and the incentivized government programs available and turn them into potential customers.
- Overcome objections to schedule in-home consultation appointments.
- Ongoing learning of solar technology, trends, and our evolving products and services.
- Must be able to attend all training calls and meetings.
- Must be Goal Oriented Able to overcome objections to achieve weekly and monthly goal initiatives.
- Must be able to work independently while working towards team goals
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skillsets:
- Previous Direct Marketing and/or Door to Door Canvassing from any industry experience is a PLUS!
- Proficient in Google Docs and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experienced in using CRMs such as Salesforce, Zendesk, Hubspot, Oracle etc.
- Any outside Appointment Setting, Lead generation, and/or Sales experience
- Proficient in speaking and writing in English, Bilingual a PLUS
- Previous solar experience is a PLUS
- Have a professional attitude and appearance
- Be mission and goal-driven: An absolute desire to succeed
- Self-disciplined and organized: Able to self-motivate and stay on task
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills - active listener, articulate, proper enunciation, a conversational communicator , and able to flawlessly write meticulous notes and emails.
- Persuasive & Influential: Able to help others see your point of view and overcome objections
- Critical thinking & Problem solving: Using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses and provide workable solutions
- Socially Perceptive: Able to determine others tone, body language, or reactions and respond appropriately
- Maintain an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Must be able to overcome obstacles and objections
- Must be resilient to rejection
- Must be adaptable, teachable, and willing to learn and keep on learning
- Must be self-motivated, ambitious, and success-driven
- Must be positive, outgoing, and personable
- Must have/provide own reliable transportation
- Must be willing to travel at least a minimum 20-mile radius
- Must be willing to work hard AND have fun
- Must be trainable Willing to get out of your own way and follow our proven techniques/plan
- Must want to make our world a little cleaner and greener by helping homeowners choose to go solar
At SunnyMac, we take the environment seriously while keeping our workday fun. We love to connect with others, share our passion for solar, and make a difference in the world one solar installation at a time. SunnyMac began 10 -years ago as a solar installation company and has recently expanded to include a diverse, mission-driven, and goal-oriented sales team. We are a young but stable solar energy company that is still developing our diverse and exciting corporate culture. Come join our team and help to shape our future.
We are willing to train the right go-getters with a can-do positive attitude!
EOE: SunnyMac Solar is passionate about creating an inclusive and diverse workplace environment.