Communications Specialist II
Are you interested and experienced in public safety communications? The City of Aspen is hiring a Communications Specialist II where you can be a part of delivering the city's vision by partnering with the Communication and Police Department.
Insurance, Paid Holidays, PTO, Wellness Programs, 401k, Discounted Ski Pass, Tuition Reimbursement
- Compiles develops and creates a wide range of communications products, including but not limited to literature, brochures, press releases, newsletters, website, television and radio programs as it relates to a strategic communications plan. Coordinates media events. Monitors media articles, reports and broadcasts; may be asked to follow up with corrections, rebuttals, and clarification as necessary.
- Assumes the role of Public Information Officer (PIO) as necessary for emergency incidents. Encourages dialog and communication with the goal of rapid dissemination of information. Enhances information dissemination on routine incidents through coordination and systems development with line staff.
- Acts as a communications business partner, working collaboratively with both the Aspen Police Department & the Communication Department. Provides active engagement and outreach opportunities designed to increase public awareness and participation related to police department & City services, policies, and programs.
- Researches develops, produces and uses content management tools to maintain departmental, internet notification systems and social media outlets.
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or other relevant degree.
- Three years' experience in communications or public relations, including emergency response communications.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Email.
- Must possess a valid Colorado driver's license or be able to obtain one within 30 days of start date.