WITH AN UNRELENTING ATTENTION TO CRAFT AND DETAIL, WE CREATE SOUND TOOLS TO HELP FOCUS, INSPIRE AND TRANSPORT YOUR MIND.
Brilliant sound and design motivate everything we do. Master & Dynamic is a New York City-based premium audio company with a deep passion for building beautifully crafted, technically sophisticated sound tools. Designed to be modern yet timeless, our products utilize only the finest materials and are engineered to last, creating the perfect balance of aesthetics, strength, comfort and exceptional sound.
We are seeking an Art Director to join our Art Department with the technical skills required to produce high quality, high volume creative work for the Master & Dynamic brand. This position will lead the creative team and is responsible for the development of the big picture creative and strategic vision. Reporting directly to the co-founders, we are seeking a candidate who is obsessed with creating compelling creative content to drive business results based on consumer and data insights. You must be comfortable figuring things out and experimenting to find creative breakthroughs or optimizations, and above all you are not a creative looking to step back from getting your hands dirty.
The Art Director should thrive in a fast-paced environment and work collaboratively with team members to effectively meet the demands of multiple jobs and projects. You have proficiency in design but a hunger to do more video animation/editing and motion graphics. You understand the difference between a creative idea and a tactical execution and are proficient at generating both. You work to stay current with technology and trends as well as seek opportunities to improve your art/design skills while challenging and developing more junior-level team members to raise the creative bar in a highly positive and collaborative manner. Strict attention-to-detail is required, as well as willingness to contribute at all levels, and the ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the creative process for all brand assets for content calendars, product launches, brand campaigns - retouching, static images, photography, videos, gifs, short clips, stories etc.
- Lead the brand visual identity
- Own a deep understanding of the brand and its competition to ensure the most effective creative solutions - leverage this understanding to determine appropriate design and visual approach for projects and present recommendations as needed.
- Display thought leadership in areas of design trends, branding, social media, typography, layout, I/A, design trends, platform nuances
- Concept, direct, develop creative ideas for the Master & Dynamic brand, and put the team in the best position to produce great work
- Great with creative feedback, iteration and optimizations
- Lead and develop a dynamic, nimble team to help support and deliver required brand assets
- Attend key creative and marketing meetings and production days to communicate creative vision and processes
- Work and partner with marketing/digital agencies to provide direction and feedback on the website and relevant performance marketing assets.
- Work and partner with marketing/other relevant agencies on projects as required.
- Confidently communicate and present creative concepts, design rationale and the specifics of proposed solutions.
- Partner with creative project manager to prioritize projects and ensure all deadlines are met.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Design or a related field
- 7+ years of prior agency- or brand-side experience for a direct-to-consumer product/brand or retailer (luxury consumer goods or premium consumer electronics experience a plus)
- 2+ years working as a manager and leading teams required
- Strong creative conceptual thinker and design-led ideas person with an elevated and modern design aesthetic
- Strong understanding of post-production and retouching processes
- Strong understanding of web design (basic understanding of HTML & CSS, responsive design a plus)
- Familiarity with Digital UX/UI
- Strong understanding of print layout and design (digital to print conversion, color theory)
- Ability to professionally manage relationships with 3rd party agencies
- Attention-to-detail and high degree of organization, able to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with data analytics and how to translate them into improved creative strategies/assets
- Familiarity with Third-Party Website Marketplaces such as Amazon, Ebay, etc.
- Comfortable in the fast-paced and imperfect world of a young, growing company
- Commitment and loyalty to do whatever it takes to achieve success
- Disciplined and communicative as well as inspiring to teams and stakeholders
- Strong passion for being at the forefront of culture: music, art, travel, fashion, design, etc,
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficient in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Very Comfortable with video editing software (Adobe Premiere, Adobe AfterEffects)
Please include a resume and link to your portfolio to be considered for the role.
Only candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your application