Corporate and Development Manager (Fundraising): External Relations
The Corporate and Individual Giving Manager supports the Government and External Relations Division in developing strategy for and implementing a successful corporate and individual giving program. Emphasis on the management, development, and stewardship of long-term, multi-faceted relationships with corporations, other non-profit partners and individual volunteers that maximize opportunities to enhance Good Shepherd Services' mission and fundraising objectives.
Reports To: DIRECTOR, EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Location: 305 7th Avenue, New York, New York 10001
Hours: 35 Hours/Week; Non-Exempt
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new corporate partnerships and individual donors.
- Work closely with programs to develop volunteer and mentoring opportunities for corporate teams and individuals and ensure that individuals brought in through the corporate pipeline are also cultivated as individual donors.
- Manage and promote corporate involvement in team projects, mentoring, corporate sponsorships, employee giving programs, special events, major gifts, and in-kind contributions including the Holiday Gift Drive.
- Assist in the creation of individual and corporate giving campaigns, developing and proposing strategies for solicitation of donors including:
- Manage relationships with prospect/donor
- Recommend level of gift and best approaches for making an ask
- Identify key staff members to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation
- Assure that solicitations and all necessary follow up and stewardship are carried out appropriately and in a timely manner
- Coordinate an effective program for recognition, involvement and stewardship of donors
- Track and report on activity
- Assist in the creation of the annual Development Plan and focus on goal setting for each campaign.
- Work in partnership with entire Government and External Relations team to accomplish department goals
- Supervise Coordinator of Mentoring Services and Individual Giving Coordinator
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Fundraising/development experience required
- Ability to motivate and to take initiative as a self-starter
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office/ Excel proficiency
- Experience with fundraising database and major gifts tools, The Raiser's Edge or Salesforce preferred.
- Experience with Moves Management and donor cultivation
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, detail oriented, with excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year - and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
General Requirements: All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Good Shepherd Services, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness and ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.