Social Media, Marketing and Promotions Specialist
- Twin Cities Public Television (Tpt)
To work at Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is to be connected, inspired, and supported by the people you work with and by our communities around us. We are a collection of storytellers, analysts, planners, and creative minds on a common mission: to reach and inspire our communities to learn more, see more, BE more. And, you could be part of this team!
Twin Cities PBS has an immediate opening for a Social Media, Marketing and Promotions Specialist on Hero Elementary, a new national Ready To Learn (RTL) children's media series. This brand champion will work with series and network staff to strategize, plan and execute national marketing and promotions plan and communication materials to reach children, families, and educators around the country. The most successful candidates will have Spanish fluency and an understanding of how to reach LatinX families through marketing and social media campaigns.
- Serve as brand management champion for Hero Elementary, a new multi-platform series for children in grades K-2.
- Work with RTL team to create, plan and execute social media campaigns for series launch, including social channel prioritization and asset alignment (images, video content, etc.).
- Work with PBS network team to follow through on project plan and dates, leading up to and beyond product launch.
- Research, write, edit, and/or proofread communications materials, calendar listings, and, fact sheets areas of the project not handled by PR agency.
- Work with the team to research and produce series promotional items.
- Analyze research to understand the competitive environment and identify opportunities to amplify the brand message to showcase Hero Elementary in ways that are distinctive, relevant and essential to target audiences.
- Serve as the Hero Elementary contact for external parties as needed.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Branding, Business, English; or equivalent experience with consumers via advertising, media, music, digital, or social media.
- 3-4 years social media, marketing and brand management in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with external agencies.
- Experience with paid media and social media campaigns.
- Successful cross-team collaboration.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Exceptional written communications, interpersonal and public presentation skills with the ability to tailor for various audiences.
- Exceptional detail orientation with specific attention to accuracy and quality service.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners in a friendly and professional manner.
- Enthusiastic brand champion and ambassador.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects.
- Working knowledge of print, online, digital, social, on-air production terms and processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Understanding children's media and education landscape.
- Adobe suite skills a plus.
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability employer.