Vice President / General Sales Manager, WABC-TV
The Vice President/General Sales Manager (GSM) of WABC, the number one station in the nation, leads and manages the advertising sales revenue and sales strategies of the station’s multimedia portfolio. Leading a team of Sales Managers, an Integrated, Sponsorship & Partnership Marketing team, Account Executives, research and support staff to provide customers with meaningful and innovative solutions for their advertising needs across the top DMA in the country. While overseeing all aspects of WABC’s linear, digital, social and sponsorship sales, the GSM works closely with station leadership to continuously develop new revenue generating opportunities, inventory optimization and marketplace positioning.
- An innovative sales leader with a proven track record of elevating sales teams across the industry to meet revenue goals and advertiser needs.
- A deep understanding of developing custom solutions that meet both customer expectations and station initiatives across community, news, entertainment, lifestyle and sports associations.
- Ability to analyze economic conditions and market trends to forecast the near and long term station revenue goals.
- Oversee sales managers optimization of inventory management for maximum revenue performance.
- Oversight of sales marketing department driving innovation in client offerings and custom solutions, while continually elevating existing programs.
- Ability to utilize consumer research and insights to develop category and advertiser opportunities as well as day to day quantitative and qualitative data.
- Oversight of Sales Development functions including prospecting, presentations and advertiser events.
- Manages financial reporting for the sales & marketing department working closely with station and corporate finance teams.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Proven media sales management experience.
- Strong track record of Sales leadership, teamwork and communication capabilities.
- Leader in customer service, relationship marketing and history of strong negotiation skills.
- Known for powerful presentation skills.
- Strong verbal, writing, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Ability to regularly evaluate all aspects of the ad sales revenue generating process to allow for progressive adjustments throughout the continued evolution of the industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and media software systems to evaluate inventory, revenue and ratings.
- Working knowledge of the multimedia advertising industry.
- Must have proven history of creative selling and nimble approach.
- Successful track record of innovation and risk taking.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
To apply, please log on to www.disneycareers.com and search for requisition #699407BR or https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/new-york/vice-president-general-sales-manager-wabc/391/13343099
WABC-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity