Responsible for developing and executing ruminant marketing strategies to support our global dairy and beef business. Also responsible for analyzing and developing marketing plans, leading key projects and providing new ideas, concepts and approaches to help support our ruminant sales team and the needs of our distributor partners. Guide the process to define and establish the customer-centric value proposition for a portfolio of products and customers by applying market and industry knowledge as well as commercial/business acumen.
Essential Duties: Include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
1. Strategic Planning (20%) - Responsible for developing annual ruminant MARCOM plan and leading the global dairy and beef marketing strategies. Monitor the competitive landscape, industry trends and external forces that influence these industries to realize long-term success across all markets. Responsibilities also include defining customer questions, providing innovative ideas, and monitoring industry trends for strategic marketing focus and tactical activities. Guide the process to define and establish a customer-centric value proposition for a portfolio of products by utilizing Marketing Academy tools (buying process, customer segmentation, benefits ladder, etc.)
2. Brand Message (20%) - Lead the development and implementation of all dairy and beef messaging for print and digital marketing campaigns, sales tools and traditional sales collateral. Implement and manage analytic tools to establish success criteria, metrics, and tracking systems for the global dairy and beef marketing initiatives.
3. Tradeshow/Conference (15%) - Lead cross-functional planning & development of ruminant tradeshow and technical conferences for North America and support thought leadership for trade shows in other regions.
4. Market Intelligence (10%) - Define market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research through multiple channels including industry surveys, customer insights, and media outlets. Work closely with the Ruminant Portfolio Manager to identify potential product extensions and new product opportunities and services
5. Communications (10%) - Enhance awareness of Diamond V's dairy and beef program offering to Sales Team, Distributors, Feed Manufacturers and Producers. Work with Marketing Communications and creative team to put a plan together to drive sales with measurable tactics. Utilize Diamond V digital newsletters, company websites, customer visits, seminars and training events, among others, as communication vehicles
6. Training & Development (10%) - Participate in sales & technical events to raise awareness of Diamond V's dairy and beef marketing programs worldwide. Oversee the development and design of sales and technical training modules for My Diamond V to help support the ruminant sales strategy.
7. Data interpretation (15%) - Work with R&D teams to analyze and interpret data from field research studies to turn into a meaningful sales story and possibly claims.
- Experience with Marketing and Business Analysis
- Minimum of 8 years of marketing experience
- Knowledge or experience in dairy and/or beef production
- Demonstrated ability to influence co-workers (without authority) while fostering strong working relationships
- Communication skills - demonstrated a capability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to complete projects and meet deadlines with appropriate direction
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multifaceted organization
- Ability to define and establish the customer-centric value proposition for portfolio of products/services and customers by applying market and industry knowledge as well as commercial/business acumen
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at industry activities
- Maintain the integrity of highly confidential business information
- Must be flexible in dealing with a wide variety of demands and changes in the scope of responsibilities of the position
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- MBA degree or Masters degree in Animal or Dairy Science or Business/Communications degree
- Multi-species knowledge a plus
- Experience and passion in feed additives or related agriculture industry
- 8+ years of experience in animal nutrition and health.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans