- Monday Campaigns
- New York, NY 10016
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Marketing Associate, Social Media & Digital Media
Do you have experience promoting health and wellness programs and are committed to making people healthier? We have a fantastic opportunity to work for a Foundation whose work focuses on public health and food advocacy. We’re seeking a digital marketer with excellent communication skills and experience across all social media platforms who wants to put their talents to work to help people live healthier lives, one Monday at a time. If you’re passionate about social media and want to make the world a better place, keep reading!
You’ll work with a team of marketing, PR, public health and creative pros in support of The Monday Campaigns, public health initiatives that promote physical activity, stress reduction, nutrition, and tobacco cessation.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience managing a campaign or brand’s social media presence across multiple channels. You know how to create a unique voice to engage different audiences and have great instincts for curating and developing original content that can go viral. You’re a geek when it comes to analytics but also have a creative side and like to think outside the box. You also have a keen interest in fitness, health and wellness issue areas.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and scheduling content for social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Community management of multiple social media channels, responding to and engaging with participants in a voice consistent with each initiative.
- Designing/editing compelling visuals (photos, memes, quotes, infographics, etc.) to help initiatives stand out and be more shareable on social media.
- Assisting with production of weekly email newsletters.
- Updating website content. Contributing to site optimization for search and user experience.
- Contributing to blog posts as needed.
- Running Twitter Chats and other digital promotions.
- Identifying influencers and potential partners on social media and sharing related content ideas with them.
- Identifying potential B2B partners and assisting with outreach.
- Monitoring activity on all social media channels, including related keywords/hashtags.
- Compiling monthly analytics reports and contributing to campaign growth and engagement strategies.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- A BA with 2-3 years’ work experience in social media marketing for a brand, organization, or publication.
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Knowledge of website management programs/CMS required. Working knowledge of Wordpress a must. Familiarity with Hootsuite and Canva a plus.
- Working knowledge of analytics for campaigns or websites.
- Knowledge of LinkedIn for B2B development a plus.
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) for digital promotions and content.
- Ability to write in an engaging voice appropriate for different platforms and target audiences. Blogging experience a plus.
- Graphic design skills. Role would be to integrate creative provided by design team. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and shift priorities as needed to meet campaign goals.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be passionate about marketing and improving people’s health and well-being
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send all of the following:
- Cover note telling us what ideas/experience/skills you can bring to the team
- Desired salary
- At least two writing samples
- A sample social media campaign
Kindly send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing "Marketing Associate" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates, regardless of race, gender, age, or sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.
We offer excellent benefits and compensation is commensurate with experience. This is an immediate hire.