- Monday Campaigns
- New York, NY
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Program Associate for Public Health Promotion
Do you have experience promoting health and wellness and want to create positive change? We’re looking for a dedicated Program Associate to help drive the adoption of The Monday Campaigns, public health initiatives that promote Monday as the day to start and sustain healthy behaviors. Meatless Monday, the first initiative, is a rapidly growing global movement that can be found in more than 40 countries.
The Associate will collaborate with a team of marketing, public health programming, communications/PR and creative professionals to promote practices that improve nutrition, physical activity, stress reduction and tobacco cessation. S/he’ll coordinate research and help develop and deliver programs, working from foundational research conducted by Johns Hopkins, Columbia and Syracuse Universities. The ideal candidate will have experience working with organizations such as hospitals, health departments, companies, universities, public health-focused NGOs, schools, and government & city agencies. Professional experience in one or more areas of health and wellness, including diet & nutrition, physical activity, stress management and tobacco cessation topics, is highly desired.
- Work with team to develop concepts and help drive the adoption of Monday concepts and promotional packages in partner organizations.
- Identify and engage prospective partner organizations that can implement and/or integrate Monday programs and concepts, and maintain relationships with partners.
- Make recommendations and coordinate processes to create effective health and wellness packages & promotions as relevant for different settings.
- Coordinate activities for campaigns, including:
- Participate in planning content for newsletter, website, and digital assets as well as overall campaign strategies.
- Provide feedback on copy related to health behavior; create content (articles, blogs, social media, website copy) as necessary.
- Participate in strategy & planning to engage key audiences.
- Collaborate with team to develop program materials based on participants’ specific needs and best practices.
- Provide support for evaluating success of initiatives.
- Maintain communications and contact information for all active and prospective partners.
- Report on existing partner organizations and gather feedback regarding ongoing integration of concepts.
- Act as coordinator to promote initiatives at key professional and public forums.
- Work to identify opportunities to feature the initiatives, and support composition of articles as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- BS degree required; MPH or RD degree highly desirable; degree or equivalent experience in health behavior, communications, policy or related field highly desirable.
- Experience in program delivery and development.
- Strong networking and outreach skills – must be able to contact and cultivate high-level prospects and maintain ongoing relationships.
- Experience with on-the-ground program execution, including community and worksite-based initiatives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to craft professional, evidence-based presentations and reports.
- Excellent project management skills, with strict compliance with creative guidelines and deadlines.
- Highly collaborative, especially in regard to strategy development and creative execution.
- Ability to shift attention to address changing priorities and support different campaigns during high volume work periods.
- High level of accountability and ability to report clearly about performance.
- Highly flexible and able to thrive in a small, creative environment.
- High comfort level with technology.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should send a résumé, desired salary and thoughtful cover note telling us what ideas/experience/skills you can bring to the team to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing "Program Associate" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
- Optional, but highly desirable: 2-3 samples of published work, professional presentations or program materials developed to engage audiences in public health.
We offer excellent benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates, regardless of race, gender, age, or sexual orientation are encouraged to apply. This is an immediate hire.