Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, The Marketing Manager will support the Companys operational mission through customer service in the Sales and Marketing department. This hands-on position drives the strategy as well as the execution of all CPS marketing activities to expand the CPS brand in the US and internationally through the tactical development of marketing campaigns and content that attracts leads, builds social followers, and drives new sales opportunities for CPS as well as their distribution network.
Typical Duties include:
- Provide prompt and courteous service: both on the phone and in person. Demonstrate friendliness and proper phone etiquette with every customer. Maintain professionalism with all customers at all times.
- Be alert to customer service in general and encourage courteous attention from all employees. Ensure that all department employees are thoroughly familiar with procedures for handling aspects of customer service that they may be involved in with company business.
- Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good example of attitude and performance. Ensure proper follow-through on all directives and maintain a good flow of communication with all personnel.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to advance CPS brand identity; broaden awareness of its product line; and increase the visibility of its training programs across key audiences.
- Provide leadership along with the CPS management team to identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization, recognize internal and external sales, marketing, and communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Establish and manage the marketing budget; identify opportunities to increase effectiveness while minimizing expenditures.
- Generate and manage the creation of pieces geared toward specific audiences for distribution (such as PR, case studies, social media posts, etc.) and manage those pieces for maximum lead generation.
- Forge strong relationships and processes between sales and marketing to nurture leads throughout their life-cycle; develop key systems alongside the sales team.
- Create distributor outreach programs for engaging and nurturing channel partner relationships, enable their success, and forecast/measure their success as a result of those activities.
- Identifies and develops new markets for new and existing products supported by appropriate market research; leads the planning process, and gives clear direction to R&D on its development.
- Identify market trends and competing product enhancements to identify opportunities for improved market share within the sector.
- Define messaging appropriate for the targeted audience at top industry tradeshows; secure speaking engagements and position CPS as an industry leader; ensure the execution by tradeshow staff at events is well organized and managed.
- Oversee multiple marketing mediums such as digital marketing, SEO/SEM, PR, content development, social media, and video production; develop all elements of social business, designing and driving CPS national social media strategy and tactics to build followers and create enthusiastic fans of the CPS brand.
4 year college degree in Marketing with three (3) to five (5) years Management and Marketing experience is required. A 2 year degree and 6 to 8 years of progressively more responsible marketing experience can substitute for the educational requirements. Prefer marketing experience with distribution centers and/or manufacturing firms. Need to have market analysis tools to be able to track and adjust marketing techniques based on market reaction.