Associate Director, Digital Marketing
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Supports the organization’s mission and goals by exhibiting the following core values: Deliver Excellence, Customer First, Accountability, Team and Sparkle Spirit.
The Associate Director, Digital Marketing is a multi-dimensional role, supporting the Marketing department with strategy and tactical implementations of digital projects. The Associate Director works closely with team members across the department and organization to understand the vision and strategies for their respective programs, supporting their efforts with digital recommendations based on data and analysis, industry best practices and consumer trends. The Associate Director also leads the strategy and execution of some of the team’s most complex and high visibility digital campaigns.
The Associate Director, Digital Marketing is also responsible for overseeing digital advertising strategy and execution, social media strategy and engagement, online advocacy and peer-to-peer event acquisition and fundraising. The Associate Director will lead a team of digital marketers and work closely with other team members in Marketing and other departments to ensure the success and growth in each of those areas, in alignment with organizational goals and brand strategy.
Our ideal candidate is:
- A savvy digital marketer with strong grasp of digital channels, tools, technology and concepts, and its integration with offline/traditional channels, as well advanced marketing fundamentals
- An individual with robust, hands on experience managing all aspects of digital advertising, from strategy to creative to implementation
- An individual with strong marketing analytics experience who can demonstrate and articulate marketing impact, outcomes and ROI
- A strong project manager able to juggle multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A strong collaborator, team player and leader with excellent communication skills who can build consensus across cross-functional teams
- Oversees and ensures the success of digital marketing projects and initiatives in support of organization’s brand strategy, lead generation and engagement strategies, national campaigns, peer-to-peer fundraising events, online advocacy and the marketing of other consumer/constituent facing products and services
- Lead the strategy, concept development and project planning of digital projects and campaigns, including but not limited to: social media, websites, events, online and peer-to-peer fundraising, email marketing and online features and tools
- Lead the strategy and management of all digital advertising, including SEM, PPC, social media advertising (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), display, content syndication/amplification, and digital advertising networks
- Lead the development of a comprehensive social media strategy for follower and lead acquisition, marketing key products and services, online fundraising, advocacy and year round constituent engagement
- Oversee the management of social media platforms, including content development (writing, curating content and imagery and/or working with internal resources to create), monitoring and moderation.
- Oversee creation and management of social media editorial calendar, and work with Social Media Specialist and editorial team to ensure communications are in sync with other channels.
- Work with Social Media Specialist and Community Engagement team to create a grassroots social media engagement plan and additional outreach opportunities for volunteers to elevate organizational campaigns and signature events locally.
- Work with Social Media Specialist to develop and provide social media training, tools and support to help volunteers who manage social media efforts for the local affiliates, and maintain resources that are readily available to assist their efforts.
- Work in close partnership with Product Marketing, Creative, PR, Editorial, Community Engagement and Development (Fundraising) teams to ensure alignment of marketing, program and brand strategies
- Establish objectives and KPIs for campaigns, projects and initiatives; analyze and report on performance and key learnings.
- Manage, coach and mentor direct reports by giving them clear roles & responsibilities, sharing learnings and observations, providing training as needed and opportunities to learn, develop and excel
- Research and stay current with digital marketing trends/best practices to improve constituent/donor/volunteer experience as well as online outreach efforts, fundraising and engagement
- Responsible for other duties/projects as assigned by management as needed
Supervises four staff: Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing; Sr. Specialist, Digital Marketing; Specialist, Digital Marketing (Social Media); Specialist, Digital Marketing (Analytics & Reporting)
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Four-year college or university degree
- 7+ years of experience in digital marketing in an agency or in-house role
- 5+ years of experience in social media strategic planning and management, utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in digital advertising strategy and management (paid social, SEM, PPC, display, remarketing, etc.) in an agency or in-house role; hands-on experience highly desired
- 3+ years of experience supervising staff, managing and growing high performance teams
- Proven track record of developing strategy and managing execution of multi-channel digital campaigns and initiatives (e.g. web, social media, digital advertising, email marketing, influencer marketing, etc.)
- Proven track record of online fundraising or generating revenue with multi-channel marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Deep understanding and command of marketing and digital marketing concepts and principles, including lead acquisition, growth marketing, marketing and engagement funnels, constituent/customer journeys and marketing analytics
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and strong presentation skills; ability to translate and articulate complex requirements, scenarios, recommendations, learnings and insights to audiences of varying levels of marketing expertise
- Proven ability to think strategically and look holistically at the marketing and communication efforts across an organization
- Experience with Google Analytics and other web analytics platforms, social media analytics platforms (e.g. Simply Measured, Radian6), as well as tracking and reporting on trends and results
- Experience and high proficiency managing paid social media advertising and campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and digital ad networks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media management platforms
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS, web usability and web management
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to evaluate data, assess alternatives, and make decisions and or recommendations as required
- Demonstrated ability in effective oral and written communications
- Prior experience with brand, consumer product marketing, event marketing and/or non-profit marketing highly desired
- Familiarity with formats and specifications of web, social, advertising and digital creative assets
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Can-do, positive attitude and team orientation
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment.
- Travel as required to meet responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Individuals assigned to this position must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek management assistance as appropriate.