Senior Media Planner, Government Executive
Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s B-to-B division, providing authoritative information and analysis to managers across the federal, defense and state and local sectors of government. GEMG serves Fortune 500 companies, emerging tech companies, and other clients through creating and executing best-in-class marketing programs across digital, events, research and custom content services.
The Senior Media Planner will play a critical role within the fast-paced digital business, collaborating with our sales team to plan all media campaigns as well as providing first-class communication internally and externally.
Your primary responsibility will be to manage digital campaigns, digital pricing and ad operations from pre-sales, through campaign set-up and optimization to post-campaign. You will be successful in this role if you have a thirst for digital advertising, optimizing client campaigns and managing revenue for the digital business. You will be scrappy, with an attention to detail when needed and willing to do whatever needs to get done to grow new media brands.
We’re looking for someone with an exceptional work ethic, a willingness to pitch in wherever needed and proven interest in digital advertising strategy.
- Collaborate with Pre-Sale Marketing & Sales teams to create compelling and competitive media plans; provide data-driven & creative advertising solutions to meet client KPIs and objectives
- Thoroughly understand digital ad products and overall digital pricing strategy. Manage site inventory and track revenue pacing. Recommend pricing strategies and product marketing to optimize revenue capture.
- Provide outstanding customer service both externally—to our clients and potential clients—and internally to the Sales Reps you support. Serve as a trusted advisor for our Sales Team — assist with day-to-day client questions, provide insightful recommendations and think critically when revising proposals to respond to client requests.
- Optimize campaigns: Monitor campaign delivery and performance; utilize ad server & ad tech solutions (DFP, Moat, DoubleVerify, IAS, etc) to analyze, troubleshoot & optimize campaigns; coordinate with Ad Ops to implement both back and front-end optimizations to ensure campaign success.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with work in digital advertising. Media agency experience is a plus.
- Action-oriented, with organization skills, clear communications and analytical abilities.
- You are a curious person who enjoys learning new things as well as understanding how digital ad serving systems and tools work across the web
- Experience meeting tight deadlines and exhibit grace under pressure.
- Experience with 3rd party ad tag implementation and troubleshooting for mobile web, desktop, and video a plus
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel. DART for Publishers and Salesforce or similar tools/databases.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability