CLOSING DATE:06/19/19 05:00 PM
Hiring Salary Range: $108,600.00 to $135,700.00 (DOQ)
The expectation of this position is to manage the business operations processes within the Marketing division essential to accountability and productivity. These duties include: assisting in the preparation, review, and tracking of departmental budgets; managing departmental processes for purchasing and payment, including monitoring vendor contract performance; overseeing travel management and expense reporting functions for the department; and managing client entertainment tracking and reporting processes. The Senior Director of Administration will produce high quality work through the establishment of procedures, controls and prioritization of work flow so initiatives are met in support of the Marketing division goals and objectives.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS
This position will provide exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Director creates an atmosphere of cooperation and friendliness while making every ambassador as effective as possible to support and enhance organizational objectives.
At the LVCVA, safety is everyone's job. Executives and managers are expected to ensure safe work and a safe working environment through guidance and leadership for ambassadors and contractors to include assessing and eliminating workplace hazards. Further expectations include ensuring compliance with and demonstrating a comprehensive knowledge of established rules, policies, procedures and regulations. Management is also expected to provide tools necessary for achieving safety to include time and budget.
Inclusion and the embodiment of not only tolerance but a genuine appreciation for a diverse workplace is an essential element of the LVCVA's culture. Supporting and respecting the various cultural and ethnic values, behaviors, beliefs and attitudes leads to successful ambassador relations and business results. All levels of supervision in our organization are expected to ensure diversity is practiced and is a managing strength in their operation.
Specific Job Knowledge
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Motivating OthersEXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interviews, hires, and trains new ambassadors. Supervises the day-to-day operations of the Marketing department administrative and systems support staff to include planning, assigning directing and monitoring work while maintaining high levels of quality, accuracy and consistency.
PURPOSE: Provide leadership while ensuring a teamwork approach to centralized management of the work for all administrative support within the department.
• Works with key managers, department leaders, and senior executives on cross-functional projects and initiatives. Gathers and organizes information and requirements for Request for Proposals (RFP), plans and assigns work and resources appropriately to support staff to provide equitable assignment of roles and responsibilities. Timely and appropriately provides knowledge and feedback to staff. Monitors the work product results and reports all updates to management.
PURPOSE: Ensure appropriate use of departmental resources and project management for efficient marketing and sales operations.
• Oversees the management client entertainment tracking and reporting processes. Establishes proper controls for ticketing process to account for all ticket requests and usage. Ensures all usage is documented through the city ledger and payments are made to resort partners.
PURPOSE: Ensure all assets are accurately accounted for and all dispersement is per agency policy.
• Oversees the preparation, review and tracking of departmental expenditures, manages departmental processes for purchases and payments, monitors vendor contract performance, oversees travel management and expense reporting, etc.
PURPOSE: Ensure appropriateness of marketing transactions and protect the assets of the LVCVA.
• Understands the process and work flow of the marketing division, and proactively identifies opportunities for optimizing and automating the administrative processes through identification of industry best practices and technology. Maintains an environment of continuous process improvement through attention to detail, communication and change management.
PURPOSE: Provide efficiency within the Marketing department administrative function to better support goals and objectives.
• Works closely with all necessary departments to effectively communicate processes for efficient implementation and effectiveness.
PURPOSE: Ensure adequate flow of information between all parties for efficient operations.
• Compiles various information and reports necessary for effective operations of the marketing department.
PURPOSE: Provide executive management with accurate and relevant information to assist with decision making.
• Ensure adequate resource supply for the various marketing division areas. Tracks and approves all expenditures that support the administrative function of the department.
PURPOSE: Oversight of resources for efficient daily operations and fiscal responsibility for the LVCVA.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
PURPOSE: Effective operations.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field, advanced degree preferred
- Ten years related experience in project administration and oversight
- Five years of related management experience; hospitality or related industry preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan and track multiple projects within various marketing areas simultaneously
- Proficient in modern office technology with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, budgets, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, stakeholders and the general public
- Advanced ability to listen and communicate effectively with clients, vendors, management, and other ambassadors in a variety of formats
Must have a valid Nevada driver's license at time of appointment and must maintain during course of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an ambassador to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have the mobility to work in a typical office setting, use standard office equipment, including a computer. Must be able to read printed materials and a computer screen. Must be able to communicate in person or over the telephone. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.