Role: Account Supervisor
Reports to: Account Director
Context: Everything communicates.
FIG is a progressive communications company.
We believe everything communicates, from a logo to a color palette. An anthemic ad to a new technology platform. From warning labels to consumer reviews. From advertising to ad blockers. From special offers to surge prices, everything signifies intent and meaning.
Our mission is to help brands and consumers communicate better in this new marketing landscape, powered by a creative collective of passionate people with diverse backgrounds. We are not shackled to convention and process, but we are consistent in our core values: truth, optimism, relentlessness and diligence.
Role summary: Manage
The Account Supervisor manages relationships with clients to deliver against our agency objectives of growth, quality, innovation and profitability. You undertake a client-facing role and are responsible for managing a cross-functional team working on your clients’ businesses. You manage and mentor any direct reports and conduct yourself in an expert, inspirational, positive and proactive way.
Your main KPI is to meet or exceed revenue targets set for portfolio of clients and your direct contribution to that goal lies in building confidence with the client that FIG can take on a larger and larger role in their marketing portfolio.
The role has 3 main facets:
- Commercial management
- Client management
- Team leadership
- Commercial management:
Objectives: Growth and profitability
- Responsible for day-to-day monitoring (and reporting) on commercial arrangement with clients (understanding SOW, knowing what’s in and out and when to raise concerns to senior members of account teams)
- Ensure projects are accurately and timely invoiced
- Provide accurate forecasts of future business, both in terms of revenue and work streams
- Strive to deliver profitable work, proactively keeping on top of the commercial status of the overall account and individual work streams, raising to supervisors the need to approach clients for budget adjustment where work is more extensive than anticipated or where scope has changed
- Be aware of any potential write-off at any point in the project lifecycle and manage proactively (whether existing work or new business pitches)
- Work with your clients and Account Director to identify growth opportunities – representing FIG’s complete service offering (strategy, creative, media, technology), delivering or exceeding against the account specified KPIs.
- With Account Director manage up-to-date client account plans to deliver on our agency objectives (growth, quality, innovation and profitability)
- Client management
Objectives: Growth, profitability and quality.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients at a variety of levels and disciplines
- Act as a partner to mid-level clients in their marketing activities, providing support, direction and leadership
- Understand your clients’ industry (including their competitors) and their wider business objectives and reflect this understanding back to the client in our strategic approach
- Monitor client satisfaction, obtaining both structured and informal feedback
- Develop new business (at least one new client per year) by leading or supporting in all elements of the proposal process.
- Team leadership
Objectives: Quality, innovation and growth.
- Responsible for obtaining and agreeing clear briefs from clients
- Act as a leading champion of innovative work that brings new solutions to client problems.
- Act as the internal client to represent the client’s viewpoint and represent FIG’s perspective to the client.
- Ensure the work delivered matches (or exceeds) the level of expectations from the client
- Stay abreast of industry trends through self-motivated learning.
- Act as the dot-connector in the agency’s service offering through Platform, Expression and Distribution, pulling our specialist skills in, to support you where required. Use this knowledge and support from leadership, to actively develop accounts
- Act as a leader within the agency, actively suggesting builds to FIG’s proposition, service offering and ways of working to better deliver for clients.
- Develop a good understanding of how our proposition and solutions have been deployed across other business sectors
- Be responsible for your team’s performance: You manage, support and develop your team and the broader group you work with to ensure their performance exceeds or is in line with FIG’s expectations. For your direct reports, this includes conducting regular appraisals, providing feedback, identifying training needs etc.
- In partnership with project management, own all schedules and deliverables. Lead the day-to-day functions of keeping the work moving forward. Ensure adherence to client expectations, agency ambition, and superior quality.
- Conduct yourself according to our values (below), and communicate professionally with clients and colleagues giving both parties a clear sense of the agency values and how they come to life
Shared values between FIG and our people:
- Truth - We endeavor to be candid, acknowledging and addressing difficulties, fostering transparency
- Optimism - We love humans and think of the people we serve as the public as well as clients
- Restlessness - We are always pushing to do what is fresh, innovative, exciting, and not immediately obvious
- Diligence - We want to base our decisions on empirical evidence and a substantive knowledge base
Your qualifications, skills and experience:
Skills & Experience:
- Motivated by developing strong relationships (internally and externally)
- Natural leader, capable of identifying problems and creative solutions
- A passion for modern, integrated marketing with proven experience in the industry
- Commercially orientated – for both revenue and profit
- Ability to think strategically about clients’ needs and turn these into actionable work
- Experience with digital media and advertising, paid social, and paid search plans
- Experience with media strategy/planning a plus, or experience in managing IAT teams (interagency teams)
- Background in managing fast-paced clients with multiple campaigns (i.e. retail, healthcare) and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Self-starter, and has excellent time management. Has the ability to work across multiple clients and manage their time wisely, and set expectations with managers, and direct reports in order to do so successfully
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated to actively contribute to the wider agency
- An entrepreneurial spirit, always looking to develop your skills, thinking and value to the agency and to clients. Will not settle for the status quo.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in related field. MBA, professional qualifications or marketing qualifications preferred.
- 4-5 years experience in an advertising agency or similar setting required
- Must love dogs