Senior Strategist: Health Strategy – FCB/SIX
FCB/SIX is a specialist agency within the FCB Global network. Our vision is to shape a world where no two people experience a brand the same way. Because what matters to one person about a brand differs from one person to the next. We deliver individualized, engaging 1:1 brand communication using data and technology enriching relationships with healthcare professionals and consumers alike.
Healthcare is a key vertical for the agency with over 30% of revenue generated from health and wellness clients through our Health & Wellness group, an integrated offering of brand, professional, digital & CRM healthcare expertise. We serve global clients with a heavy focus on USA.
Reporting to the EVP, Strategy, the Senior Health Strategist, will be responsible overall for developing and presents strategic marketing recommendations for a range of healthcare clients including Jansen Pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson Canada & USA, J&J Vision Care globally, Kaleo & Novartis among others. Strategy will include a range of activities including insights gathering and analysis, brand planning, customer journey mapping, digital & CRM strategy, communications planning and measurement strategy.
As a member of the Strategic team, the role will hands-on was well as having responsibilities for guiding and mentoring junior team members. The role requires close collaboration with the extended agency team including other strategy directors, account team, creatives and technologists to achieve client goals and deliver on the agency vision.
The role will be responsible for ensuring all agency product supports each Brand’s position and ensuring client communications are developed using data & insights including cultural, & societal trends as well as clinical data and research provided by clients. The development of clear and inspiring creative briefs and the conception of strategic blueprints for the use of data & technology to achieve client objectives will also be key. As the strategy leader for the Health collective, the role will play a key role on all Healthcare related pitches.
Skills and Qualifications
- Passion for healthcare marketing
- 5+ years’ experience specifically in healthcare marketing with appropriate educational background (B.Sc., MBA for example) working in an agency setting in Canada or USA is preferred
- Experience working on multi-national clients including professional and consumer audiences
- A proven track record in developing strategic plans that benefit the client and their patients / professional audiences
- A good general knowledge of the media and how strategy planning influences it
- Deep understanding of brand planning principles and frameworks with good digital and CRM knowhow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to make complex subjects understandable
- Ability to use data to tell compelling stories
- Collaborative and inclusive working style that values input from diverse talent.
- Ability to travel regularly (mainly to USA) is essential (average 1-2 x a month).