Senior Vice President, Analytics
Edelman has a tremendous opportunity for a leadership position on our award-winning Digital team in New York.
Built to thrive amid the full complexity of today's modern marketing, Edelman Digital is backed by the world’s largest independent communications agency. We help some of the world's most famous companies evolve, promote and protect their brands through a wide range of solutions, including performance marketing, e-commerce, digital transformation, newsroom strategy and execution, influencer, crisis and much, much more. To achieve this, we have assembled a stellar team of nearly one thousand Creatives, Strategists, Media Specialists, Analysts and Technologists across fifty offices in 25 countries. Our honors range from Cannes Lions for creativity, #4 on AdAge 2019 A-List, the Holmes Report for the 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year and five times as Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work.” Our success comes from our smart, passionate and curious people, who tell great stories and solve complex business problems day in and day out.
We are hiring a Senior Vice President to lead the analytics function working on of our top global marquis Clients. This is a $20M+ business and relationship that has spanned over 27 years. The team consists of 60+ full-time team members spanning creative, strategy, client service, analytics, project management and production. You will be part of a team that is close-knit, collaborative and highly recognized internally and externally for the innovative work they create.
Skills and Experience:
- Use statistically sound analytical techniques to provide robust data insights and clearly communicate these insights to stakeholders in a variety of formats.
- Extract insights from digital media measurement systems (e.g. DoubleClick, Demand side platforms, data management platforms, social media and website analytics).
- Create strategic learning agendas and associated KPI measurement frameworks.
- Shape data for analysis from multiple CSV/Excel/database sources.
- Experience in analytics and business intelligence tools, and exposure to commonly used analytics software such as SQL, Python and R.
- Experience with predictive modeling.
- Someone who can craft stories from the data and provide creative strategic solutions.
- Experience measuring and monitoring social media and creating business insight for how these analytics can be applied to marketing strategies.
- Strong analytic skills both quantitative and qualitative.
- Strong critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Experience using social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, blogs, etc. A strong point of view on developing social channels (Periscope, Snapchat).
- Demonstrated ability to create analyses that move beyond an explanation of ‘what happened’ to ‘what is important,’ ‘why it happened’ and ‘what should be done’.
- Ability to identify/clarify campaign objectives and lead the development of KPIs that address these objectives.
- Can demonstrate an “engine to caboose” vision for analytics role in campaign development, from the beginning of a campaign through to the end.
- Ability to manage a team of people. Coaching, mentorship, and team growth critical to the role.
- Has a solid understanding of "big picture" digital, social media and mobile; maintain awareness of and activities and how they relate to overall objective/target.
- A degree in marketing, communications MBA and/or advanced degree in data science, business intelligence or related field of study is preferred.
- Basic qualifications: 10-15 years’ experience in analytics.