Digital Marketing Manager
Since our founding in 1919, The New School has pushed the boundaries of knowledge and creativity. Today, we are a comprehensive university with a unique multi-dimensional academic approach designed to foster deep critical thinking and creative problem solving, enabling students to actualize their potential and their vision. The New School offers over 130 programs to degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students in a range of fields including design, the liberal arts, the performing arts, social sciences, policy, and management. Part of the mission of the university Marketing & Communication department (M&C) is elevating visibility of these groundbreaking academic programs in order to help the university achieve its enrollment goals.
Reporting to the Director of Academic Program Marketing within M&C, the Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and measuring innovative campaigns that support high-priority degree programs and thematic academic areas across the university. His/Her work will have a strong focus on digital tactics designed to grow awareness, interest, and inquiries among select target audiences, with particular emphasis on graduate and adult degree programs.
The role requires strong strategic thinking and data analytics skills, digital media buying experience, with preferred experience in marketing campaigns for higher education or related industries. The ideal candidate has the capacity to manage projects independently and meet the demands of a large, urban institution, and the energy to match The New School’s spirit of creativity, innovation, and engagement.
- Research, recommend, and prioritize advertising opportunities via channels and platforms that align with program-specific audience segments
- Work with Director in developing frameworks for campaign performance measurement and defining KPIs
- Collaborate with colleagues within M&C (e.g. brand strategy, social media, website content, editorial and design) to ensure marketing efforts are comprehensive and cohesive
- Collaborate with colleagues in Strategic Enrollment Management to ensure paid media campaigns support program enrollment goals and align with recruitment messaging throughout the admissions process
- Conduct and report on market research initiatives to inform a variety of initiatives (e.g. development and positioning of degree programs, competitive marketing benchmarks)
Campaign Planning & Management
- Negotiate and place orders with select media publishers
- Create, monitor, and optimize paid campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Create, monitor, and optimize Google Display Network campaigns using sophisticated, multi-attribute audience targeting
- Support Director in establishing campaign objectives and providing strategic direction of search engine marketing agency responsible for building, managing, and optimizing campaigns on Google AdWords
- Implement and manage retargeting strategies and lists across multiple platforms
- Maintain budget tracking
Optimization & Reporting
- Constantly seek ways to improve ad conversion rates, including editing and testing of display and text ads and optimizing landing page content
- Synthesize and analyze metrics from multiple advertising platforms and Google Analytics to identify insights and opportunities.
- Support Director in development and presentation of campaign performance reports.
Special projects and other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years digital marketing experience
- Strong critical-thinking and independent problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of daily account management and performance optimization of simultaneous campaigns across Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, and Google Analytics
- Ability to measure and report on campaign ROI and lead generation success using quantitative analysis and data visualization
- Proficiency in crafting copy for direct-response ads and sponsored content
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills with attention to detail, timelines and superior service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to collaborate and share insights and recommendations within the team environment
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Agency experience and/or knowledge of higher education marketing practices
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
- CMS experience
In addition to a dynamic and progressive work environment, The New School offers a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts and a tuition waiver. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer employee assistance services, health and well-being programs and over four weeks of vacation time per year.
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Interested candidates must apply online at: http://careers.newschool.edu/postings/17300