Director of Accounts, NYC
Cashmere Agency is a lifestyle marketing collective comprised of creative minds from the worlds of entertainment, advertising and new media. We build authentic campaigns, pieced together by a creative mix of marketing and public relations strategies that resonate with today’s ever-evolving audience. Our client base includes a number of TV networks, motion picture studios, major recording artists, tech companies, and top-tier brands.
Cashmere’s Accounts team is a driving force within the agency. New Business Development, Project Management, and Client Services are essential pillars of strength in this department. The Director of Accounts is the managing force of the team, building services and efficiencies to scale. The Director of Accounts is a crucial strategic partner to our clients and motivates teams externally and internally on a daily basis by owning the health and growth of designated accounts and teams. The Director of Accounts works closely with the VP and SVP of Accounts to set the tone and pace of Cashmere Agency’s business, and help to ensure that both vision and tone are understood and reflected by all on the Accounts team.
The ideal candidate in this role has vast experience working in advertising/creative/marketing agency environments with brand clients from industries such as Entertainment, Luxury Automotive, Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) and Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) brands with specified focus on multicultural Millennial and Gen-Z markets (ie; African American, Asian American, LatinX, LBGTQ+, and beyond).
- Lead a team of Account Supervisors and Project managers with direct oversight to meet Cashmere’s business objectives
- Work with the SVP/VP of Accounts to establish and exceed revenue growth benchmarks for key accounts
- Work with the SVP/VP to negotiate scope, timeline, and pricing in a confident and optimistic manner to reach an agreement with clients
- Support VP to manage revenue recognition, target development, margin and profitability, expense management)
- Work with VP to identify new business opportunities, including growing current accounts, pitching, and presenting capabilities
- Own large client relationships and smaller engagements alike
- Evaluate resources to determine the agency’s ability to meet clients’ accounts objectives and make recommendations accordingly in order to fully serve and staff accounts
- Identify and recruit new Accounts team members that will drive business as needed
- Develop internal processes that optimize quality deliverables and the budgets to manage them
- Sign off on monthly financials. Support Account Supervisors on scopes, workflow, and resources.
- Strong input on strategy and a clear point of view on deliverables
- Provide clear guidance and training to the rest of the team and confidently manage without authority
- Management development of key client pitches/presentations in collaboration with cross-function peers
- Responsible for agency delivery at the highest quality across all projects
- Drive and influence the statement of work development with internal stakeholders
- Get the best work out of the client, the agency and the team, and fosters an environment where everyone feels supported and brave about ideas
- Build and maintain credibility as a leader of an agency team who can articulate macro business context and agency ambition, and can mobilize the accounts team
- Possesses a clear understanding of our business and the triggers and drivers of profitability
- Act as the senior daily contact and clients trusted voice and partner, who can proxy for the VP when meeting senior-level clients
- Develop and maintain a clear and well-articulated point of view on the client’s business and ensures the internal team understands the client’s aims and goals
- Develop and maintain an informed and independent point of view to strategic thinking and the creative work
- Identify, analyze for any potential threats on accounts and make recommendations based on best practices and inform management in a concise and timely manner
- Investigate and mitigate client concerns and collaborate with cross-functional leads to resolve any issues that may arise
- Clearly articulate the agency’s agenda and point of view to potential and ongoing clients
- Confidently manages divergent opinions—internally and externally—creating an aligned path forward
- Understands when and how the VP need to be involved internally and externally, and can clearly and concisely brief the VP Lead strategic plan development to grow client business, and generate incremental billings and income
- Manage staffing allocations to ensure success, while working efficiently and profitably
- Build staffing plans and fee proposals, and provide input on annual statements of work with an informed point of view
- Lead meetings consistently - Open and conclude meetings by providing clarity and direction, and confidently guides conversation throughout to the desired outcome
- Foster a collaborative and psychologically safe place to work where ideas and constructive opinions can thrive
- Active involvement in Cashmere Agency and networks externally throughout our industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or relevant area of study (or equivalent to 10+ years of demonstrated experience)
- 10+ years of professional and relevant experience
- 5+ years experience in an agency environment with a mix of social, digital, traditional, public relations, influencers, and experiential services
- Proven experience in people management and team development
- Proven track record of successfully managing multi-million dollar accounts
- Has experience with various projects types, including web, mobile, video, brand, social, influencer, media, experiential and strategic consulting
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highly skilled in presenting and having command with senior level clients and large rooms of people - charismatic
- Advanced knowledge of time tracking systems
- Familiarity with accounting/math principles
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time-management, project management, and organizational skills
- Strong client-service orientation
- Flexible with evolving responsibilities and last-minute changes
- Influential and effective leadership skills
- Ability to manage at multiple client levels and competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Ability to stay abreast of current trends in culture and interest in multicultural marketing
- Travel domestically (and occasionally) internationally up to 15%
- Must have a valid state or federally issued Driver’s License
- Must have valid Passport
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Cashmere is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our core values are:
- Own the work. Elevate each other.
- Seek to understand. Speak with intent.
- Spark Something. Challenge everything.
- Make room. Make change.
- Set the standard. Be undeniably dope.
*Cashmere Agency is the proud recipient of the 2019 Multicultural Agency Award from Ad Age A-List & Creativity Awards*
If you would like to become a part of one of the most influential, multicultural agencies, apply today!