Administrator, Contracts - Universal Creative
- Universal Orlando
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of whats possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, were creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
Drafts, reviews, analyzes, negotiates and processes contracts and related documents to insure accuracy for operational/project teams in accordance with the Contracts Policies and Procedures and all applicable Universal Orlando Systems. Work in conjunction with Legal, Risk Management, and Finance Departments. This position supports the Universal Beijing Resort and works in Orlando, FL.
- Assists with pre-qualification of bidders, and securing of confidentiality agreements. Drafts scopes of work and/or compiles and issues all requests for proposals (RFPs), invitation for bid (IFBs) for approvals and then issuance to bidders. Includes preparation and issuance of addenda to bidders
- Receives and records proposals. Assists project team with bidder review and selection of successful bidder. Prepares appropriate contract form, including all addenda items, and assist with negotiation of Terms & Conditions in a form consistent with partnership policies and procedures.
- Verifies insurance coverage, Vendor qualification, and prepares Notice of Commencements. Prepares Letters of Authorization or Notice to Proceeds (if required). Coordinates with successful bidder for execution of final contract.
- Attends weekly/monthly project (construction, etc.) meetings. Assists with preparation of CCR, design/field directives, directive settlement forms and monitoring of related informational logs. Prepares and issues contract change orders based on directive settlements. Issues Contract Status Reports. Maintains contract files, document control, and retention of files. Monitors Notice to Owners.
- Prepares and issues close out documentation. Assists with claims administration. Ensures compliance of contractual obligations and that partnership policies and procedures/internal controls are followed in all transaction related to this role.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Strong prioritization skills
- Excellent contract writing skills required
- Exceptional organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Bachelors degree from a four year college or university required
4-7 years contract experience in drafting, analysing, amending and negotiating contract required; or equivalent combination of education and experience Construction related contract experience preferred.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE