Senior Vice President, Brand Management
- Universal Orlando
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun whos serious about their work. A person who knows it doesnt take magic to put a smile on a guests face it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universals theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave bringing together popular cultures most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the worlds most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to The Universal Way by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
Drive destination demand and visitation to achieve financial targets for Universal Orlando Resort (UOR) and its sub-brands by leading the development of marketing strategies in partnership with Corporate Marketing and translating marketing strategies into successful marketing plans and execution. Monitor business results and complex KPIs for Universal Orlando Resort and multiple sub-brands. Identify trends and learnings to improve results. Direct plan adjustments as needed. This executive leads the Strategy Planning & Insights team and the Brand Management team.
The Strategy Planning & Insights team is responsible for analysis of consumer, competitive and market trends to support existing and new business opportunities. The team conducts primary consumer research and incorporates external data sources to conduct business analysis and inform strategy development.
The Brand Management team develops strategies and plans that motivate key consumer segments to visit and achieve segment and business targets. The team utilizes day to day business analysis, Sales input, Strategy Planning & Insights findings and Integrated Media & Analytics findings for ongoing strategy and plan development and execution. The team ensures 4P marketing strategies are prioritized, integrated and aligned against highest impact opportunities. The team determines the optimal mix of budget allocation and champions plans for approval with executive leadership. The team also monitors and manages ongoing performance relative to targets and develops contingency efforts as needed.
STRATEGY PLANNING AND INSIGHTS
- Identify strategic opportunities for growth, including tracking how markets and segments are evolving, evaluating brand, product and service opportunities, and analysing external trends as well as competitive actions.
- Conduct market research to inform Marketing, Sales, and Operational decision-making.
- Provide modelling and data-based perspective as input for executive decision-making forums.
- Lead the development, preparation, and presentation of Universal Orlandos Marketing & Sales situation assessment to inform annual planning.
- Generate actionable knowledge-driven insights and analysis and proactively share with senior leadership and relevant stakeholders.
- Communicate complex analyses and recommendations in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Apply principles of consumer marketing to achieve desired business objectives.
- Develop business case for identified opportunities and communicate in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Leverage consumer insights, business insights, market Intel, and critical thinking to develop (4P- Product, Price, Place, Promotion) strategies and integrated marketing plans designed to motivate targeted consumer segments via a variety of brand activity.
- Oversee the interpretation, approval, and execution of clearly defined strategies, campaigns and engagement efforts working collaboratively with other Marketing/Sales departments.
- Continually assess actual business results vs. plan/goal and champion adjustments to marketing activity to meet annual plan targets as necessary.
- Lead the annual planning and budgeting process for Marketing & Sales. Continually assess marketing expense allocation for market impact.
- Champion integration and alignment with other departments including Corporate Marketing, Sales, Product Planning, Financial Planning & Analysis, Legal, Creative, Entertainment, and Operations
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree required. MBA strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 20+ years of progressive, relevant market and customer-based strategic planning experience preferably in support of marketing and sales functions in the consumer entertainment, travel or amusement park industry.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple projects with significant and far-ranging impact on the performance of the business in both the short- and long-term as well as requiring significant financial and resource investments
- Demonstrated cross-functional expertise in diverse fields such as marketing, strategy, finance, operations, sales, etc. and with skills as far ranging as market demand modelling, ROI analysis, what-if scenario planning, and competitive risk assessments.
- Demonstrated success leading inter-departmental projects composed of participants at the Director-level and above, successfully leveraging cross-functional relationships with executive level management in Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
- Strong executive presence to present persuasive recommendations to senior leadership as well as key stakeholders, including ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations to senior leadership that highlights a clear decision framework based on analysis and experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex integrated communication planning, developing creative briefs, and providing guidance for creative review.
- Strong understanding of consumer and brand research with ability to translate into viable strategic direction.
- Financial acumen including budget management, forecasting, pro formas and P&Ls.
- Ability to integrate market, competition, trends, organizational state and other issues into a coherent vision for change, development and growth via business case development.
- Superb diplomacy skills, ability to use appropriate levers to persuade others to take action and to strive to find solutions that meet the mutual needs of all parties and the company as a whole
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives with ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to changing business conditions.
Experience/Knowledge in the following areas preferred/beneficial:
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment &/or Theme Park experience
- Brand Management
- Consumer Research
- Customer Retention & Loyalty
- Financial Pro-formas, Forecasting, Budget Management and Business Case Development
- Digital & Technical Savvy (Social Media Experience+)
- Business, Consumer, and Competitive Analysis
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE