Senior Digital Marketing Campaign Manager, Paid Search
Excelerate Digital, McClatchy's national digital marketing agency, has a great opportunity for a Senior Digital Marketing Campaign Manager, Paid Search on our digital sales team. This role will be responsible for managing key clients' paid search accounts. Daily responsibilities include account creation, optimizations, reporting, pacing and internal/client feedback. In addition to account management, this role will develop and evolve the search strategy across accounts, create plans/timelines to execute approach, and run tests on new beta opportunities.
Note: This position is located in our Kansas City or Fort Worth office.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, optimizing and analyzing pay-per-click search-engine marketing activities for strategic account;
- Manage the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines (Google, Bing/Yahoo), including the campaign planning, implementation, budget management, performance review, and optimization of paid-search campaigns;
- Keyword research (discovery and expansion), review and editing of ad creative/copy, review and analysis of website performance metrics, and optimization of campaigns. Grow and optimize our keywords portfolio through testing (A/B and Multivariate) with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywords, etc.
- Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation;
- Act as a specialist of the search-engine marketing channel;
- Be an expert in PPC and stay abreast of new technologies in the search and, overall, digital space;
- Become a product expert in our industry; understand the top issues and new developments.
- 3+ years of experience in PPC/SEM in marketing, sales or agency environments - search engine experience and knowledge of digital-based business models;
- Minimum BA/BS degree;
- Advanced level proficiency with Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, index/match);
- Demonstrate an expertise in PPC. Stay current with new advances in search-engine marketing, competitive landscape, and keyword research;
- Working knowledge of analytics platforms (e.g., Adobe Catalyst, Google Analytics), conversion tracking, ecommerce, and the interplay of PPC/SEM and local search;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills required;
- Demonstrate a proactive work ethic when managing numerous competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Must be self motivated and detail oriented, and able to prioritize daily work efficiently.
- Certified in both Google AdWords and Bing Ads;
- High proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Proficient in Google Analytics