The Tombras Group, a 300+ person, full-service, national advertising agency is seeking a Digital Media Planner to join the Digital Media Team.
You’ll be joining one of the top independent agencies in North America. We blur the lines between a creative agency, a digital agency and a management consultancy. Our digital offering is married to the discipline and rigor of our Effie-winning strategists and Cannes Lion-winning creative directors. We are united by our philosophy: Connecting Data & Creativity for Business Results®. You’ll also be a part of a highly creative agency that has been recognized by Advertising Age, Adweek, Communication Arts, Fast Company, Forbes and Fortune. Tombras was recently named one of Ad Age’s 2019 A-List Agencies to Watch.
The Digital Media Planner is responsible for executing all day-to-day digital media planning, buying and campaign management associated with assigned accounts.
The Digital Media Planner provides media planning recommendations and offers resourceful problem-solving, both internally and externally, while maintaining successful vendor, client and cross-department relationships. S/he prepares media plans and other deliverables, and executes media plan implementation.
- Develop strategically solid media recommendations with supporting rationale
- Develop and execute media plans
- Manage buy stewardship, analyze campaigns, and recommend tactical changes to maximize campaign performance
- Assist in analysis of research to develop strategies and tactics
- Work with analytics, trafficking, ad-serving, and finance departments as part of the media management process
- Manage day-to-day plan changes and maintenance of media plans
- Respond to competitive requests
- Research and compile competitive data
- Oversee and train junior staff to develop core competencies
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work successfully within a team as well as independently
- Establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as with those outside the team
- 2+ years of agency experience specific to digital media planning/buying
- Experience with DFA or other ad server required
- Advanced knowledge of digital media including Mobile, Video, Programmatic, OTT, etc
- Cursory knowledge of all aspects of Digital Media, including Search, Social, SEO, etc.
- Basic understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Advanced Excel skills, intermediate PowerPoint and Microsoft Word skills
- MediaTools/Workhorse knowledge preferred but not required
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of mathematical concepts
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Strong communication, project management and time management skills
- BA/BS Marketing or equivalent work experience
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN KNOXVILLE, TN. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE PROVIDED.
The Tombras Group offers a great work environment, competitive salaries and a full range of benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and more.