Associate Director, Paid Search (SEM/PPC/YouTube)
The Tombras Group, a 300+ person, full-service, national advertising agency is seeking an Associate Director, Paid Search to join the Integrated Search department.
You’ll be joining one of the top independent agencies in North America. We blur the lines between a creative agency, a digital agency and a management consultancy. Our digital offering is married to the discipline and rigor of our Effie-winning strategists and Cannes Lion-winning creative directors. We are united by our philosophy: Connecting Data & Creativity for Business Results®. You’ll also be a part of a highly creative agency that has been recognized by Advertising Age, Adweek, Communication Arts, Fast Company, Forbes and Fortune. Tombras was recently named one of Ad Age’s 2019 A-List Agencies to Watch.
This position will report to the VP, Integrated Search and help lead a team of paid search strategists. The Associate Director, Paid Search will be responsible for helping create, implement, execute and continually optimize effective paid search campaigns for a multi-brand Fortune 500 client. In addition to strategy, this position will be responsible for developing strong client relationships, training paid search assistants and managers, leveraging tactical expertise to optimize existing campaigns, and ensuring campaigns are meeting client objectives.
- Architect effective Search Engine Marketing (SEM) / Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns with direction from the VP of Integrated Search
- Exhibit confident communication skills to effectively present tactical paid search plans and campaign status reports to clients on a daily and weekly basis
- Manage paid search bid management across multiple brands using best-in-class match type strategies, campaign settings, demographic targeting, remarketing, custom audience lists, and custom-built automation
- Research keywords, analyze their relevance and perform competitive analysis.
- Recommend landing page strategies and consult on landing page planning and optimizations
- Possess a well-developed analytical ability and a proven track record of extracting tangible insights from large data sets
- A/B testing a multitude of campaign variables to increase the efficiency of campaign budgets to drive leads/conversion improvements, expand search impression share and drive higher ROI for our clients
- Administer bid management tools to accurate pace daily paid search budgets
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance in platforms like Google AdWords, Bing Ads, DoubleClick Search, Tableau and more
- Implement and test strategies designed to increase conversion rates and lower cost-per-lead across multiple clients in multiple verticals
- Work with the Paid Search Assistant to ensure billing and budget pacing is handled accurately and in a timely matter
- Leading a team within Paid Search and working closely with other internal departments to develop fully integrated search campaigns
- Champion department processes, stay current on search marketing industry trends and best practices
- 5 + years of Paid Search experience within an advertising agency
- Google AdWords certifications - with 2-3 years' experience with Google AdWords and Bing Ads
- 2+ years leading a team
- Experience managing multi-million dollar campaigns for enterprise clients
- Proven track record of successful client relationship development
- Proven success leading a team
- Strong analytical thinker
- Excellent communicator, team player and collaborator
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint or Keynote
- Intimate knowledge of website analytics programs (Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, etc.)
- Experience working with various CMS environments is a plus (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, MODX, Magento, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising/Marketing, Business, PR/Communications or related field.
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN KNOXVILLE, TN. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE PROVIDED.
The Tombras Group offers a great work environment, competitive salaries and a full range of benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and more.