PLI is the largest Hospitality, Gift and Loyalty Card manufacturer on the planet. But we know size without stature is meaningless. Being the biggest is the purposeful result of our determined drive to be the best. Dedicated to our customers' success. Invested in our employees' goals and achievements. We work hard. We play hard. We nurture our own and give back to our communities. We don't just manufacture an impressive variety of card products. We deliver solutions in card form.
We are searching for an experienced Production Manager at our Las Vegas. NV facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities for the production Manager are to coordinate and direct the daily activities in manufacturing, tracking material waste, and resolving quality issues across all shifts. The 1st & 2nd shift Supervisors will take daily direction from the Production Manager interacting in all aspects of card production. Other duties include coordination with other department to satisfy customers' needs for product and resolution of defective product issues.
1. Manage and coordinate activities of personnel in card manufacturing.
2. Manage the daily production schedules in all of card manufacturing coordinating the off shift activities with the respective shift supervisors.
3. Coordinates activities with maintenance to complete required machine maintenance and repair.
4. Review and answer issues concerning quality or functionality of product as it is being produced and inspected.
5. Review raw material components and supplies and send order requested to accounting for processing.
6. Track and review waste from production process to ensure efficient material use.
7. Count raw material and work-in progress for month end inventory if needed.
8. Complete basic human resource duties such as vacation approval and employee evaluations.
9. Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or other appropriate management personnel.
1. 4 year degree in Business Administration or a similar field
2. Basic math and reading skills.
3. Ability to multi-task.
4. Previous supervisory experience.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Strong organization skills
7. Must be able to operate forklift and pallet jacks.
8. Strong computer skills.
9. Prior manufacturing or printing experience a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Exempt Salaried - Regular Full-Time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.