Our nimble, quick and collaborative creative agency is currently seeking a Controller with ad agency experience. We move quickly, so we need to think on our feet and avoid getting stuck in the process. We thrive on curating real-time solutions to real-time challenges.
Working with the Accounting lead, the Controller supervises the day-to-day activities in the Finance department, insures that sound and reliable practices are adhered to and is responsible for preparing and distributing timely and accurate financial information.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
The Controller is responsible, in the area of Finance for:
- Preparing reports with Accounting lead for P/L management.
- Ensuring that billings, payments, and payroll are current and accurately compiled.
- Reviewing expense reports and the voucher register for propriety and to ensure proper account coding.
- Monitoring relations, credit research, collection problems, negotiations, etc.
- Maintaining corporate records, including minutes, leases, contracts, etc.
- Participating, as required, in account servicing areas (budgets and presentations).
- Looking for better ways to service the financial area in planning for future needs (i.e. IT, revised systems, relations between finance and various other corporate functions).
- Revising budgets and forecasts to insure the best possible information for decision-making.
- Controling all capital assets.
- Performing the finance function for affiliated business entities.
- Performing other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.
Education / Training / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 10 years' experience
- All Accounting employees also need to take: Excel Fundamentals of Advertising and Internet Surfing Tools
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Fundamentals of Advertising
- Legal Side of Advertising
- LLC Tax Training
- Advertising Software Financial Implementation
- Flexibility and adaptability in the face of ambiguity and change
- Organizational and time-management skills