Sr. Business Affairs Manager
The Sr. Business Affairs Manager will manage all business facets of broadcast and digital productions for CP+B clients including reviewing creative concepts from development through go live, scoping and managing of legal issues (including interpretation of the SAG-AFTRA commercials contract and FTC advertising guidelines, as examples), production and talent contracting, clearance and licensing of third-party materials, and budget administration.
- Handle talent contracting and negotiating for commercial productions, including interpretation of the SAG-AFTRA Commercials Contract provisions.
- Spearhead overscale and celebrity talent negotiations and approach.
- Prepare talent contracts, including standard SAG-AFTRA, overscale/celebrity, and non-union talent agreements.
- Review creative for potential legal issues, including clearances and licensing of third-party materials, right of publicity, and copyright and trademark considerations.
- Handle third-party clearances and licensing necessary for production, in addition to working with the CP+B music producer to paper music licensing deals.
- Work closely with CP+B legal counsel in resolving potential production liabilities and creating solutions for agency and clients.
- Prepare formal production estimate with breakdowns and info from assigned producer.
- Issue purchase orders to vendors, facilitate invoice approvals, and payment.
- Assist producers in closing jobs and preparing jobs for final billing.
- Generate vendor production agreements – including negotiating vendor changes and additions to agreements.
- Declaring insurance for productions through applicable ad-wrap program.
- Liaise between Production and Content to address any specific legal/liability issues arising from a particular production.
- 6-10 years of related experience in advertising, production, marketing, or similar area.
- Industry expertise and experience.
- Experience with digital and social media, as well as global is a plus.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Self-motivation and extreme organization in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to make judgments based on collected team input.
- Ability to lead and teach peers in other departments, as well as grow Business Affairs Manager(s) and Jr. Business Affairs Manager(s).