Our nimble, quick and collaborative creative agency is currently seeking a Billing Specialist with ad agency experience. We move quickly, so we need to think on our feet and avoid getting stuck in the process. We thrive on curating real-time solutions to real-time challenges.
The Billing Specialist owns all day-to-day financial needs specific to our Illinois Department of Tourism account. The person best equipped to succeed in this role will be extremely detail-oriented and not easily intimidated by heavy data entry work. They will also possess strong interpersonal skills as this is a client- and vendor-facing role.
Specific training in IDOT’s (Illinois Department of Tourism) MTS (market tracking system) will be required. Prior knowledge / experience in this system is a huge bonus.
The Billing Specialist is responsible, in the area of Finance for:
- Serving as the financial POC for the IDOT client as well as associated vendors
- Inputting vendor invoices daily
- Researching / resolving vendor inquiries on the company’s payable invoices.
- Heavy data-entry and reconciliation
- Meeting deadlines, maximizing efficiency, maintaining accuracy, and confidentiality of the financial data.
- Performing other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent business experience
- 2-5 years’ experience in a billing role
- Advertising / Marketing agency experience is a plus
- Experience in IDOT’s MTS is a plus, too
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. You must be comfortable with both client and vendor interfacing.
- Ability to multitask and maintain a sense of urgency in fast paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Proficiency in IDOT’s specific billing entry system, MTS (mandatory training will be provided – previous experience is a plus)
- Positive attitude, honest and a team player mentality.
- Flexibility and adaptability in the face of ambiguity and change
- Organizational and time-management skills