The Media Manager, National Accounts is an integral part of Ad Council's Media Outreach team and will be primarily responsible for building and managing relationships with existing & potential media partners that will help us drive impact for Ad Council's 40+ social impact campaigns.
The Ad Council Media Team is responsible for conducting outreach to more than 200 U.S. media companies, across all platforms, and securing over $1B in donated media support annually. We ideate, evaluate and develop custom, large scale social good partnerships with media companies to ensure our campaigns are seen by the intended audiences. These targeted partnerships allow us to drive the most impact in raising awareness on the nation's most pressing causes. Partnerships are an essential part of Ad Council's evolving media model, because in addition to donated media, partnerships generate reach through earned, shared, and owned media.
We utilize best-in-class traditional and digital strategies, platforms, partners, technologies and tactics to drive maximize audience reach, targeting, creative solutions and impact for our campaigns. The media department identifies, develops and supports initiatives that evolve the Ad Council business model to adapt to the changing media environment, ensure sustainable growth for the future, and foster a culture of innovation.
The Media Manager, National Accounts will assist the VP, Media in prospecting new business with a focus on growth areas such as streaming audio, OTT and new video platforms discovering new, innovative ways to get our messages to the public. They are a subject matter expert in digital, mobile, and social media platforms and have a passion for social good. They have a track record of successfully building digital and/or new media partnerships and an ability to work well cross functionally.
Candidates must be a self-starter and have strong consultative sales capabilities, a solid understanding of the evolving media landscape, a collaborative and innovative spirit, and must be comfortable working within a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities on an assigned list of national media accounts including executing on quarterly media plans, development of large scale social good partnerships and reporting/optimizing to show impact on our programs.
- Lead in identification, evaluation and development of emerging media platform partnerships that will benefit the Ad Council and drive our mission forward.
- Set up meetings and establish relationships with key executives at media companies with the goal of securing donated media, building strategic partnerships and developing public facing case studies. Maintain ongoing communication with senior level contacts at each company.
- Work with Media Strategy team to identify campaigns that align with media properties based on their specific platform, content, target, or CSR initiatives.
- Monitor and track donated media and request self-reporting from media partners
- Collaborate across Ad Council departments, including Campaign Development, Research, Financial Development, Marketing and Communications, etc. to maximize opportunities for robust, collaborative partnerships and engagement.
- Attend digital/mobile/social/tech conferences and prospect new business for the Ad Council; minimal travel required
- Work with Digital Media department to traffic and deliver digital creative assets; this could include creating tags, requesting asset resizes, and getting approvals from sponsors and media partners.
- Support media outreach efforts and partnership reporting compliance for Salesforce. Database management as needed in Google Docs and Excel
- Participate in team brainstorm/ideation sessions
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of digital & traditional media/cross-platform sales experience, with experience developing and executing strategic partnerships
- Experience working at a media agency in a media planning/strategy role is a plus
- Deep understanding of the ever-changing media landscape and new ways consumers engage with content
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Great project management ability – organized and detail-oriented with a capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills – must thrive working independently yet be a “team player”
- A proven ability to network and build relationships multi-level both internally and externally
- Ability to take initiative and own projects with innovative thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with extreme attention to detail
- Experience working with Salesforce, Smartsheet and Microsoft Office
- High energy, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
- Exercise good judgment; operate with warmth, a collaborative approach and 'can do' mindset
- Passion for causes, volunteering, and/or philanthropy a plus
About the Ad Council:
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a New York-based national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to create changed around the most critical social issues facing our country. The Ad Council initiates, produces and activates communications campaigns that drive awareness and behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We produce content that ignites new ideas, increases the health, education, and safety of our nation, and literally saves lives.
We are behind the iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk" and the viral campaign "Love Has No Labels" that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion. We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit organizations, government agencies, corporate brands and media companies to develop over 40 national social good campaigns each year including Suicide Prevention, Gun Safety, Bullying Prevention, STEM for Girls, Pet Adoption and Texting and Driving Prevention.
The Ad Council team uses all the tools in communications arsenal including developing PSAs and social media content, engaging talent, gaming, conducting media relations and grassroots marketing, and creating chat bots, digital and live events to raise awareness around social causes. We also have the opportunity to work with our Board of Director companies such as Amazon, Facebook, Google/YouTube, Vice and R/GA to leverage the latest tactics, tools and platforms that will have the most significant social impact.
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing out country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital statue, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
To apply online: https://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676 or
US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Human Resources
815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017