We're seeking a rising star who asks and answers the question, how can we deliver better marketing results for our Client? A self-starter with experience using proven and efficient methods to develop informed points of view (POVs) and Client recommendations to optimize and improve the Client’s marketing success across several disciplines.
Reporting to a Planning Director, the Brand Strategist will collaborate closely with agency’s research, analytics, account management and creative professionals.
This role has varied responsibilities in an entrepreneurial environment, including:
- Works with clients to provide strategic thought leadership and business acumen both within and beyond the communications process.
- Helps lead the agency team strategically in all facets of current and prospective client business.
- Employs a process-driven approach to strategy, with the natural ability to craft bullet-proof POVs that builds client trust, respect, and relationships.
- Can be big picture and detail-oriented in the same day, with the ability and desire to make day-to-day tactics as strategic as the next big idea.
- Tracks competitive and marketplace activities, conducts competitive reviews, then identifies and communicates implications for the Client—its agency and other client stakeholder teams.
- Collaborates with research team to define research objectives.
- Analyzes research and data—primary, syndicated, program results—to develop presentations that highlight findings and insights that spark the creative development process and optimize marketing program results.
- Creates informative, insightful and inspiring creative briefs.
- Researches and solves ad hoc problems: How should we do XYZ? Where can we get information on ABC? How can we improve XYZ?
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience in agency or client business, or portfolio school strongly preferred. Prefer recent experience in a role akin to a junior to mid-level brand planner.
- Some digital planning experience is desirable.
- Examples of experience using quantitative and qualitative research with an ability to find, summarize, and adapt insights across Clients’ marketing initiatives.
- Concise written and verbal presentation skills and style. Further, demonstrable ability to lead a room/remote audience through a presentation in a manner that influences and leads others to not just accept, but rally behind a great idea or point of view.
- Left/right-mind capabilities, one whose mind likes to balance detailed numbers-oriented thinking with what-if ideas.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects while meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Manages and communicates up, down and across.
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office Suite.
Characteristics of Candidate Likely to Succeed in this Role:
- A self-starter who has enough experience to see a project from start to finish with little to moderate supervision.
- Can demonstrate and show examples of ability to write compelling briefs.
- Has innate curiosity and aptitude to learn about any topic that arises in the Client’s business.
- Is a tactful and sincere collaborator who solicits and welcomes ideas from anyone.
- Has the dedication to go above and beyond to deliver quality product and service.
- Has comfort working in an unstructured environment.
- Desires to be part of a creative environment, and is excited to be part of not only the creative process, but also client management.