Assistant Media Manager, Social & Emerging Media
The Assistant Media Manager, Social & Emerging Media, is an integral part of the Media Outreach team assisting with ideating, evaluating and executing strategic media partnerships on behalf of the Ad Council's 40+ social impact campaigns.
The Ad Council Media Team is responsible for conducting outreach to more than 200 U.S. media companies, across all platforms, and securing over $1B in donated media support annually. We ideate, evaluate and develop custom, large scale social good partnerships with media companies to ensure our campaigns are seen by the intended audiences. These targeted partnerships allow us to drive the most impact in raising awareness on the nation's most pressing causes. Partnerships are an essential part of Ad Council's evolving media model because in addition to donated media, partnerships generate reach through earned, shared and owned media.
The Assistant Media Manager, Social & Emerging Media will assist Ad Council's VP of Media, Social & Emerging in San Francisco and work collaboratively across departments to develop and execute successful media partnerships. You will develop new business relationships as well as manage existing relationships with the goal of creating long-term value for media including social media, mobile, messaging, gaming, e-commerce and digital publications.
This fast-paced position is perfect for someone who is comfortable managing multiple priorities and personalities, has strong organizational instincts, written and oral communication skills, is a great project manager, and has an appetite for learning the latest in media trends.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the VP of Media, Social & Emerging, the position will manage the day-to-day management of accounts and assist in evaluating and executing targeted media partnerships for our 40+ campaigns.
Responsibilities to include:
- Work collaboratively with VP of Media – Social & Emerging to secure donated media, build strategic partnerships, manage work flow and meet deadlines.
- Research and evaluate media partner's ad products, partnership case studies and CSR initiatives for partnership consideration.
- Help concept, manage, execute and scale custom CSR experiences and partnerships with social and emerging media companies.
- Work with Media Strategy team to identify campaigns that align with media properties based on their specific platform, content, target, or CSR initiatives.
- Assist VP, Media – Social & Emerging in the development of marketing materials and presentations to use in key media partner meetings.
- Schedule and participate in partnership meetings with media companies which includes setting a meeting agenda, active listening and contributing, note-taking and follow-up.
- Work with Digital Media department to traffic and deliver digital creative assets; this could include creating tags, requesting asset resizes, and getting approvals from sponsors and media partners.
- Research new and existing untapped media companies the Ad Council isn't currently working with – with a focus on digital & social media.
- Collaborate across Ad Council departments, including Campaign Development, Research, Financial Development, Marketing and Communications, etc. to maximize opportunities for robust, collaborative partnerships and engagement.
- Participate in team brainstorm/ideation sessions.
- Support media outreach efforts and partnership reporting compliance for Salesforce. Database management as needed in Google Docs and Excel
- Request self-reporting metrics from media partners and monitor and evaluate partnership impact.
- Attend digital/mobile/social/tech conferences; some travel.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years professional sales, marketing, or agency (media or account management) experience.
- Deep understanding of the digital & social media industry landscape (experience working with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, reddit and Snapchat is a plus).
- Experience in developing strategic partnerships and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to build and maintain long term client relationships and see projects from start to finish (experience working with senior level executives a plus).
- Great project management ability – organized and detail-oriented with a capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff within and outside of the department.
- Standard computer and database management skills; Salesforce, Tableau and Smartsheet experience a plus.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Goal oriented, problem solver and team player.
- High energy, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exercise good judgment; operate with warmth, a collaborative approach and 'can do' mindset.
- Passion for causes, volunteering, and/or philanthropy a plus.
About the Ad Council:
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a New York-based national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to create changed around the most critical social issues facing our country. The Ad Council initiates, produces and activates communications campaigns that drive awareness and behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We produce content that ignites new ideas, increases the health, education, and safety of our nation, and literally saves lives.
We are behind the iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk" and the viral campaign "Love Has No Labels" that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion. We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit organizations, government agencies, corporate brands and media companies to develop over 40 national social good campaigns each year including Suicide Prevention, Gun Safety, Bullying Prevention, STEM for Girls, Pet Adoption and Texting and Driving Prevention.
The Ad Council team uses all the tools in communications arsenal including developing PSAs and social media content, engaging talent, gaming, conducting media relations and grassroots marketing, and creating chat bots, digital and live events to raise awareness around social causes. We also have the opportunity to work with our Board of Director companies such as Amazon, Facebook, Google/YouTube, Vice and R/GA to leverage the latest tactics, tools and platforms that will have the most significant social impact.
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing out country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital statue, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
To apply online: https://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676 or
US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Human Resources
815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017