The word community is the definition of GateHouse Media as a brand and as an employer. From providing an unbiased perspective of news and information fueling residents with the information needed to make informed decisions about the happenings in their communities, to offering an extensive portfolio of business solutions to keep local businesses thriving and national brands connected, we have a clear mission – to enrich the communities we serve.
Every mission needs a strong leader. GateHouse Media has a remarkable opportunity in West Palm Beach for President & Chief Growth Officer to sustain and grow the market, community and customer impact across the West Palm Beach, Florida region. This individual will play a significant role in sustaining community-based journalism, and its place in our society, while finding new approaches and business models to ensure continued, high-quality delivery. This position will report to the Regional Vice President, Florida.
This President & Chief Growth Officer position requires a high energy, entrepreneurial, market-centric, collaborative business professional with proven ability in aligning customer needs to diverse media-based solutions. It offers the right leader an opportunity to use his/her talents to do work that matters, work that inspires change – in an industry vital to our society, in your community and hundreds of others across the U.S. The role requires a leader who can set a forward-focused vision for the team, to create opportunity and drive results. The people you will lead are passionate, hard-working and eager to grow.
The right candidate will be a market maker, a change agent and a team builder. Using market intelligence data, media sector and market development knowledge of the local economy and community, this position sets the direction for an annual plan for the market. As the President & Chief Growth Officer, he/she will be responsible for setting market strategy, creating demand for and successfully positioning, building and driving audience development, digital and print solutions, live events and other value-added niche products to achieve consistent top line revenue targets. With a clear business plan with relevant audience focus, product portfolio mix, channel mix, in partnership with functional leadership, this position will lead the charge for action, innovation and adaptation. Key initiatives should be identified to maximize the market opportunity that leverages full range of New Media Investment Group assets. This leader will also provide innovative recommendations on emerging product and service opportunities.
- Strategic and Business Development
- Market strategy and business development plan
- Executive liaison to community based organizations, institutions and business community
- Strategic account development at senior most level
- On-going value proposition development to ensure solutions meet customer needs
- Establish and grow market-based strategic alliances for the organization
- Create momentum and support across the market, and the company ,by articulating vision, driving strategy and coordinating across functions to fulfill market opportunity
- Demonstrate change leadership to push the organization and targeted growth-initiatives forward while building alignment with peers
- Build and share a portfolio of successes and approaches that can be model for designated market team as well as other markets across the business
- Attract, retain and develop world-class talent that is highly motivated to achieve the goals of the company.
- Actively align functions towards common cause of customer/consumer loyalty, encouraging employee engagement and accountability
- Exhibit strong community engagement and partnership building to help further our brands.
- Product and Content
- Position unique, value added combination of GateHouse portfolio of locally generated products and content to enable market success
- Integrate breadth of solutions to achieve goals of designated market leaders in assigned territory
- Collaborate to build innovative solutions across digital, print, products and live events that drive market recognition, customer loyalty and growth
- Revenue Driver
- Ensure achievement of revenue and profit growth targets for designated market
- Ensure achievement of diverse portfolio objectives to further establish the organization as the premier media partner for targeted customers within the designated market
Experience & Requirements
- 10+ years of work experience in business building leadership roles with history of successful innovation and goal achievement
- Motivational leader who can move quickly, work across boundaries, collaborating with customers and colleagues to achieve growth objectives; thrives on leading change
- Experience in a significant leadership position growing a business with consumer-facing solutions
- Depth of revenue-building experience via Online and Web delivery channels
- Demonstrated track record of driving top line revenue
- Business to business and community based relationship development
- Product development and strategic marketing background
- Knowledge of digital products and footprint expansion, audience development, agency management, membership program development, fundraising programs
- Passion for innovative event development as component of market growth
- Strategic, assertive and flexible to drive intentional, iterative plan in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge or keen interest in news and journalistic practices
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
- Sitting for extended periods, working on computer
- Working remotely and managing expectations for multiple markets across the USA from one physical market location
- Ability to be on phone calls / conference calls for extended periods of time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Meaningful Work, Inspiring Change – We are #GateHouseMedia
The Palm Beach Post is a GateHouse Media publication. GateHouse Media is one of the largest publishers of locally-based print and online media in the United States, our 146 daily publications operate in 580 markets across 37 states and our extensive portfolio of business solutions support 199,000 small-and medium-sized business customers in and outside of our markets. Learn more about us at gatehousemedia.com.