We are looking for a Group Director, Business Development to join The Integer Group in our Denver, CO headquarters. This role is responsible for setting and leading the strategic direction of all core new business efforts for Integer Denver, with support to New York, Chicago, and Des Moines. Our ideal candidate is someone who challenges conventions, brings new thinking, has a creative mentality, and has past experience delivering growth.
The Group Director of Business Development takes a leadership role in growing Integer Denver’s roster of clients by establishing a business development plan with targeted categories and brands, by working with lead sources to identify, evaluate, and elevate business opportunities; by directing and managing the new business process in the agency from RFI to final presentation; and by being responsible for marketing the agency.
The Group Director, Business Development responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Creates and leads a business development plan that is consistent with the agency’s core strengths and capabilities as well as vision.
- Ensures that a coordinated effort exists with corporate EVP, Growth and Marketing, Network PR and Communications Director, and other Integer marketing staff. This also includes collaboration with Business Development leads from other Integer offices, Omnicom, and Omnicom-owned agencies
- Provides leadership within the agency to effectively, and efficiently manage each stage of the new business process: lead generation and related activities, lead acceptance, and building of lead relationships, RFI/RFP response, client meetings, and presentations; ensures that all work and all contact with potential clients reflects the culture and mission of the agency and meets the highest standards for professionalism
- Utilizes internal and external agency resources to develop business-winning pitches and presentations; establishes strategic platforms to drive innovative thinking and ideas
- Establishes Integer performance standards for all phases of the new business process and ensures that these standards are maintained by all who participate; sets pitch strategy, leads meetings so they are organized and productive, ensures innovative thinking and brainstorming activities are strategically led. Ensures that background materials, secondary research, and other information is prepared and available at start of opportunity; oversees primary research, video production and other support tools required to support the strategy and/or ideas recommended; is responsible for the timing, quality of materials, type and manner of presentations, rehearsals, and other review process related activities; ensures that schedules are determined, agreed to and followed for all work streams of the review process.
- Participates in establishing budgets to support agency marketing; maintains appropriate fiscal management of Agency investment to potential in revenue for each new business effort
- Is proactive in developing opportunities to market the agency - our capabilities, accomplishments, and people to potential clients, the trade, current clients, and influencers
- Works with Integer Denver leadership to ensure that appropriate staff participate in each new business opportunity; ensures efficient and productive use of their time and effort
- Establishes a thorough working knowledge of the capabilities, skills and other resources available to support business development within the Agency, the network and outside the network
- Seeks new and better ways to enhance the process and the product and to best position Integer to win; develops and maintains a resource library for all aspects of the business development process; initiates a post-pitch evaluation
- Work with key account business leaders to assist in growing organic growth plans.
- Develop plan and content for external conferences, attendance and speaking opportunities for agency personnel. This includes identifying the right places to be and creating the right content, from sharing work to thought leadership pieces, all in conjunction with the corporate PR and marketing strategy.
- Participates in Integer network and Omnicom network programs as appropriate and ensures a positive image for the Agency and the network
- Works with Agency management to establish personal initiative(s) that will lead to the overall betterment of the Agency and/or its people
- Consistently looks for market opportunities for Integer Denver, establishing and nurturing relationships with potential client partners
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 4+ years management experience preferred. Agency and specific product/service experience required.
- Superior writing skill with the ability to deliver clear, creative, and concise communications across all forms of required business communication, including potential client outreach, pitch strategies, RFIs, RFPs and presentations.
- 5+ year’s experience in an agency Business Development role preferred. Extensive experience with leading the pitch process and writing RFIs and RFPs.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Able to create, inspire and deliver a vision. Able to establish a leadership presence.
- Proven ability to interact effectively and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of supervisory levels and departments
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in PPT and Keynote.
- Able to identify and perform job functions with little or no supervision.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Flexibility – able to work extra hours with little or no advance notification.
- Enjoy working in a creative environment where the world is gray and not so black and white.
7245 West Alaska Drive
Lakewood, CO 80226
Intrigued? Apply today at integer.com/careers!