Manager, Consumer Marketing
Guardian News & Media (GNM) is the publisher of the US news website www.theguardian.com/us, the Guardian and Observer newspapers and www.theguardian.com website in the UK. We're a highly regarded global news brand, owned by the Scott Trust — an arrangement that guarantees its independent voice in perpetuity.
Headquartered in New York City, Guardian US, is an entirely digital operation that seeks to engage US readers by combining the Guardian's internationalist, online journalism with US voices and expertise.
The Guardian is now looking for a Manager, Consumer Marketing to join the commercial team in New York.
Department: Commercial, Reader Revenue
Reports to: Director, Consumer Strategy
Normal location: New York, NY
Terms and conditions: Permanent, full-time
Purpose of role:
Guardian US is looking for a motivated, creative and data-driven marketer to join our consumer revenue team. You will be a key player of the Guardian in New York. Your overall responsibility will be to support consumer revenue across contribution and subscription products with strategy, planning and execution of specific marketing plans designed to acquire and retain new supporters for the Guardian in the US, while ensuring positive ROI and fostering supporter loyalty and engagement.
- Work cross-functionally with US editorial and global product, membership and marketing teams to deliver US consumer revenue target across contribution and subscription products.
- Manage and support acquisition marketing activities for key US consumer revenue campaigns inclusive of ideation, planning, execution and analysis. Initiatives include year-end fundraiser, editorial fundraisers, message and product testing activities, and other standalone acquisition campaigns.
- Partner with the UK consumer marketing team on subscription marketing campaigns that will need to be tailored for US audiences.
- Lead retention initiatives working closely with the US editorial team to build loyalty and increase engagement of supporters through strategic on-site activities, email and off-site communications strategy.
- Partner with the customer service team to understand key retention drivers and develop strategies to mitigate churn.
- Build timely performance reports for the US consumer product suite with emphasis on special projects by working with US and global data, product and business teams.
- Work closely with the global product team to keep updated of global initiatives that will impact the US and ensure that these initiatives are aligned with the Guardian’s US audience and focus.
- Undertake benchmarking and competitive analysis to support strategic thinking for new product development in reader revenue for the US market.
- When required assist with larger brand and other growth activities/projects.
Desired skills & qualifications:
- Minimum 3 to 4 years experience in a digital marketing capacity across both acquisition and retention verticals with a grasp of digital media, paid and owned social media, email marketing.
- Knowledge and experience working with email management tools like Braze and/or Exact Target required.
- Proficiency with Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Tableau.
- Experience in a data and analytics capacity required. Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Experience working in news or media organization a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Passionate about journalism.
All candidates interested in applying should upload a resume and cover letter. All candidates must have the right to work and live in the United States and be located, or prepared to relocate to the Greater New York City Area.
Guardian News & Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin or citizenship. We value and respect all differences in all people (seen and unseen). We aspire to provide inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard, and they can contribute to our future.
We value and respect all differences in all people (seen and unseen) at the Guardian. We aspire to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future.
This job description is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It summarizes the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows, you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role.