Joining the consultative sales team at Ad Age means creating long-term value through the collaboration in development and sale of opportunities for a variety of existing and new clients. The team collaborates on opportunities for the brand’s growth. This role requires a combination of strategic analysis, problem solving and sales. You'll need to think creatively about everything you learn about the Ad Age brand. The team acts as the key stakeholders in prioritizing the new business opportunities and is responsible for bringing the new opportunities that have been identified and prioritized to fruition for our clients & partners.
If you are passionate, self motivated and enjoy operating in close collaboration with various internal and partner-company teams such as sales, product development, and marketing then you are the right person!
- Relationship-building, negotiating and effectively pitching opportunities with new and existing clients/agencies to drive revenue against budgeted brand/personal goals
- Identifying the need for program development by studying current competitive landscape/best practices/emerging technologies etc.
- Actively participate in the construction of basic marketing materials to support your clients needs
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- 7+ years working with in the media/marketing/advertising space
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Proven track record of consultative selling against both established and new client base
- Consultative sales skills, motivation for new business, sales planning, selling to customer needs, market (digital/social) knowledge
- Proven engagement skills including prospecting, relationship-building, negotiating and executing orders/sponsorships
- Ability to master multi-tasking and efficient workflow processes
- Ability to be extremely persistent in a professional and pleasant fashion
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn new skills
- Exceptional presentation skills, energy level, integrity, approachability, and professionalism
- Knowledge of in-market social platforms, measurement tools, emerging video platforms, etc
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work onsite in Midtown Manhattan office
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience selling integrated programs directly to clients
- High level agency and client relationships a plus
- Digital media sales experience
- Technology sales experience
Ad Age is a daily must-read for an influential audience of decision makers and disruptors across the marketing and media landscape.
Created in 1930 to cover a burgeoning industry with objectivity, accuracy, and fairness, Ad Age continues to be powered by award-winning journalism. Today, Ad Age is a global media brand focusing on curated creativity, data and analysis, people and culture, and innovation and forecasting.
From vital print editions to must-attend events and innovative platform offerings, its industry-leading offerings include the coveted A-List & Creativity Awards, the Ad Age Next Conference, and proprietary data such as the Leading National Advertisers Report from the Ad Age Datacenter.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor