Digital Account Director
We are looking for a Vice President, Account Director to join our award-winning San Francisco office. This is an incredible opportunity to bring your expertise, experience and network to the industry's largest communications marketing agency; solving business problems for brands through the thoughtful application of marketing, technology, and creative thinking.
Edelman Digital was the world's first and largest global social agency. Over the last decade, we have grown our digital capabilities beyond social to become a truly integrated digital marketing consultancy. Through collaboration across a broad set of competences, ranging from Strategists, Media Specialists and Analysts, to Technologists and Creatives; we combine our deep digital experience with Edelman’s 65+ years of communications expertise to create integrated and effective solutions for our clients.
As a digital Vice President Account Director, you will be an integral part of a team leading several key clients You will be charged with introducing clients to the power of building compelling stories and experiences, all directed by a confluence of data and leading-edge technology. We are inspired by the excitement and challenges of an always evolving digital landscape, and we're looking for an individual who is brought alive by the possibilities of helping clients thrive in this environment.
This position is based in San Francisco.
Qualifications we are seeking in a Vice President candidate:
- Experienced client service expert who knows how to act as a strategic partner with a leading global brand
- Experience developing client relationships across complex client orgs to grow our business and deliver value to clients across our capabilities
- A demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful digital and social strategies and programs
- Someone who has a concrete history of taking visible action to provide, directly or indirectly, high-quality, strategic creative outcomes and customer service to clients (this role requires equal parts quality control and leadership)
- Deep knowledge of the digital ecosystem, including existing and emerging social media platforms, advertising and marketing technologies
- Experience working with paid media, technology and creative teams to build effective, integrated campaigns and experiences
- Familiarity with analytics and reporting across earned, owned, and paid platforms
- Ability and desire to serve the needs of the individuals on your team; making time to be a mentor and allowing people to do their best work by setting and optimizing conditions on your account(s)
- Possess very strong written and verbal communication style, with the ability to craft a persuasive point of view that is considerate of both the client and agency’s priorities
- Candidates must have at least 8 years of relevant experience in digital marketing and communications
Responsibilities of the Vice President include:
- Build strong relationships with clients as the day-to-day client contact
- Manage, supervise, and motivate the team
- Clearly define and synthesize the client's business challenges and opportunities in order to get people excited to work on it
- Play a major role in leading capability experts to research, plan and develop comprehensive digital and social programs
- Address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Successfully launch products and programs that grow, innovate and/or streamline agency capabilities
- Spot opportunities for strategic growth on accounts, and evaluate agency work against client objectives and business needs
- Actively manage profitability, client budgets, out of pocket expenses, and limit write-offs and other debt
- Proactively spot opportunities to improve people, processes and/or tools for arriving at great work