Manager, Brand and Channel Research
The primary objective of this department is to uncover insightful, actionable, and measureable channel connections that move a business forward. We are applying leading edge business intelligence technologies to communications planning and activation, as well as evolving more accurate and accountable approaches to measurement and optimization.
Within this group, the Brand & Channel Discovery team specializes in media and channel research and cross-channel measurement. Areas of focus include the media landscape, audience measurement, media best practices, and vendor evaluation.
The Manager of the Brand & Channel Discovery division will manage research projects as directed by the Director, Brand & Channel Discovery and VP, Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide research expertise to the Brand & Activation teams 25%
- Collaborate with rest of team on Research initiatives 6%
- Analyze and apply data from various research software systems 20%
- Present researching findings in client meetings 7%
- Evaluate media vendors and research providers 5%
- Discuss the general media landscape and marketplace with Brand teams 10%
- Communicate digital expertise to Horizon stakeholders 2%
- Create and maintain dynamic presentations about trends in the media landscape 7%
- Apply research insights to specific brands 5%
- Write papers about media trends 5%
- Train and manage junior level staff 8%
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 6-8 years in the media industry, with some of that time spent at a media planning and buying agency
- Strong knowledge of media research methodology including audience measurement
- Strong presentation skills
- Good writing skills; experience writing short articles/papers
- Extensive knowledge of Nielsen TV systems (NPower, MediaView), competitive databases (Kantar, Monitor Plus), syndicated survey research (MRI, Simmons, Ipsos, etc.), and digital systems (comScore, Nielsen Online, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience managing junior level staff
- Knowledge of the general media landscape, especially television and digital media
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Keen eye for detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit, engagement, trust and collaboration
- Ability to constantly manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately
- Manage up and down, understanding the multifaceted demands and quick-pace of agencies
- Desire to collaborate and work as a team
- Can work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm and passion for advertising and media research!
Certificates, licenses and registrations
Physical Activity and Work Environment
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.