- Hoosier Hills Credit Union
Job Type: Full-time
This position provides support to the Marketing Department and assists with the accomplishment of Marketing Department goals, particularly with special events, promotional items, mailing lists, and marketing materials. Additionally, the Marketing Assistant provides support to the Marketing Department and helps to accomplish Marketing Department goals and strategies.
- To be an integral part of the Hoosier Hills Credit Union and Marketing team in living out our corporate mission: To be better for our members by making a positive difference in their lives and in the communities we serve.
- Responsible for delivering exceptional service to every member, every time by providing consistently high quality service to both internal and external members in alignment with our Service Promises
- Help ensure that the department meets sales and service goals as established by the Credit Union.
- Demonstrate enthusiastic support of corporate mission, core values and long-term objectives. Perform job duties within our bylaws, regulations, Board of Directors' policies, established internal and external service standards, and our work procedures.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the Credit Union's products and services.
- Coordinate the ordering, distribution and inventory tracking of HHCU promotional items. Work with Service Centers, other departments and vendors as needed to meet requests and accomplish goals. Ensure that items are delivered in a timely manner.
- Gather and distribute materials to Service Centers, other departments, and outside organizations as needed.
- Assist with organization and set-up of Member Appreciation Days, including planning for promotional items, making sure all supplies are ready and available, ordering and purchasing supplies as needed, working with Service Center managers and staff on their responsibilities for MAD, ensuring that all supplies and equipment are transported to the appropriate location, ensuring that all equipment is in good working order.
- Assist with arrangements for other Credit Union public events, including local school events, branch days, parades, Santa Claus visits, member focus groups and others. This could include arrangements for the site, food, decorations, parking, and other details as needed. Assist with recruitment of volunteers to work and/or attend events. Be available to assist with set-up and tear-down of events, and possibly staffing various events, as needed. This may periodically require time outside of regular business hours.
- Post marketing messages and graphics on our e-signs and in-branch video system.
- Assist as needed in working with outside vendors to produce and distribute marketing materials.
- Assist with coordination of contests, prizes, awards and giveaways as directed, including rewards to members.
- Serve as back-up to posting changes on the HHCU website.
- Submit marketing invoices to accounts payable for payment.
- Maintain marketing archives and records, including archived copies of HHCU's newsletter, advertisements, and news and PR coverage of Hoosier Hills.
- Complete annual Bank Secrecy/OFAC and any related training annually as assigned by Training or Compliance Staff. Comply with all applicable BSA/AML laws, rules, regulations, policies and business practices established by Credit Union management.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required. Ability to write and speak clearly using correct grammar is necessary.
- Knowledgeable about products and services offered by the Credit Union.
- Professional, with well-developed interpersonal skills essential to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of employees, managers, callers, visitors and vendors.
- Associate's degree in marketing, journalism, community or public relations, or business related field, or equivalent experience, required.
- Basic mathematical skills (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.).
- Typing/word processing skills (60 words per minute after errors minimum).
Working Environment/Physical Demands
- Works in a typical administrative setting with climate control and appropriate lighting.
- Work requires sitting the majority of the day, as well as lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds.
Perform other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.