Newton’s First Law: Objects at rest tend to remain at rest. The same is true of people. At DRUM, our job is to get people to move. But random movement is pointless. Movement in rhythm with the goals of our clients, on the other hand, is the most valuable thing in the world. There’s an irresistible beat that gets brands noticed, gets people talking and, above all, gets results. No wonder so many great brands — like Aflac, E*TRADE, PayPal, Wounded Warrior Project and more — trust us to help take them where they want to go. We’re DRUM. Driving Results with Unified Marketing. Let’s dance.
If you’re not having any fun at work, you’re doing it wrong. Whether you’re in our Atlanta, Chicago or New York office, you’ll see for yourself: At DRUM, we love what we do. We’re focused, but not funless. Aggressive, but not ad-holes. After all, we believe in harmony. We embrace team collaboration across offices. The results are there in everything we do, from our award-winning campaigns to our slightly less decorated bowling team. And it’s the reason our agency is recognized time and again, from Chief Marketer’s Top 200 Agencies to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Top Workplaces.
Position Summary: The Director of Paid Social is one of the single most important roles at DRUM, responsible for driving client and agency growth by tapping into the power of social to transform businesses by identifying, reaching, engaging with and converting audiences across every platform, while also marrying social performance with other online and offline marketing efforts. You will be a thought leader both internally and externally, owning platform direct relationships, bringing new opportunities to the team and selecting technology platforms that enhance how we plan, buy, measure and synchronize social amongst all media efforts. While your primary focus will be the scale and efficiency of social media purchased, you will also partner closely with our creative team to co-author strategy and content production, ensuring that you have the most powerful assets necessary to do best-in-class work. At DRUM we take advantage of our breadth of in-house capabilities that span media, technology, analytics, creative and content, which will provide you a unique & powerful opportunity to do the best work of your career.
- Develop integrated social media plans/recommendations, both for existing and prospective clients
- Lead a growing team, adding talent as you go, in order to create a best-in-class offering
- Act as the agency expert on social channels, strategies, best practices and consumer
behavior within social platforms.
- Research, synthesize and analyze information from the various channels, the client’s
competitive market, as well as consumer behavior and audience trends to form
recommendations that best meet client objectives. Utilize your team to develop advanced and nimble tactics to then beat these objectives
- Author and assist with presentation of communications plans and campaign reports, in conjunction with our strategy & insights and analytics teams, as warranted
- Work with your analytics and technology counterparts to automate and sophisticate pacing and reporting
- Proactively self-educate regarding new media opportunities and current trends
- Partner directly with agency reps at all of the major social platforms, in order to ensure premium agency standing and remain on the cutting edge of social
- Research, select and negotiate agreements with technology partners that can enhance how we plan, deliver, track and synchronize social media
- Take ownership of the full spectrum of social performance, including the content being produced
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a communications, media, or advertising-focused area
- Minimum 5 years of experience; 7-9 preferred in advertising/marketing communications—specifically in social media planning and execution across a breadth of channels
- Deep experience with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat and other major social platforms
- Demonstrated excellence driving results within the social space, as recognized by clients and platform partners alike
- Leadership experience, including management of at least multiple resources
- P&L experience, preferably ownership but at least understanding of utilization, profitability and forecasting