Lead the marketing function for the bank, directing the development of the strategic and tactical marketing plan, leading a marketing team of four professionals with an annual budget of approximately $1.25 Million. Manage all aspects of the banks marketing function including branding, demand generation, public relations, social media, traditional and digital marketing, campaigns, promotions, events and sponsorships, market research, and data analytics.
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers to generate measurable business results:
- Develops and executes the banks long-range and short-term strategic and tactical marketing plans.
o Determines Marketing Department goals and objectives and ensures that marketing plans align with overall strategic plan goals.
o Tracks, measures and reports on progress against strategic and tactical plans.
- Develops and maintains brand positioning strategy which reflects the Banks long-term business and segment strategy
o Leads development of Banks brand position and differentiated value proposition
o Develops and executes plan and measurement to increase brand awareness and preference among desired business and consumer segments
o Develops and implements brand identity standards across the organization, ensuring consistency in messaging, look and feel of communications.
- Develops demand generation strategy, plan and tactics to reach specific business and consumer segments, driving increased new household acquisition
o Uses analytics and insight to understand each segments unique purchasing journey, and tailors traditional and digital marketing tactics to move prospects through the marketing and sales funnel, creating qualified leads for sales forces.
o Collaborate with others to develop product, pricing, value proposition, and offers appropriate for each customer segment
- Develops and implements effective on-boarding and relationship-deepening programs for existing customers
o Uses data analytics to identify propensity of purchase, and to prioritize which opportunities to pursue
o Leverage traditional and digital techniques to build client engagement and relationship depth over time
- Responsible for integrated campaign development, implementation, and measurement,
o Collaborate with lines of business to develop integrated sales and marketing campaigns
o Determine and implement appropriate marketing mix of: events, PR, content, digital and traditional media, mail, email, etc.
o Lead the creative development either through in-house resources or through third party vendor relationships.
o Establish goals and KPIs and develop measurement and reporting
- Leads the development and analysis of customer and market analytics to inform target market segmentation and provide customer insight to business partners.
- Assemble consumer insights and brand positioning strategy as inputs into the campaign development process.
- Directs the banks digital assets including social media and website development, enhancement and update.
- Manages the development and fulfillment of customer satisfaction and marketing research surveys to ensure the customer experience is consistent with the brand promise.
o Is proactive in identifying to management specific products, technologies processes, and policies which are inconsistent with delivering on the brand promise
- Leads the development, production and coordination of the Banks various traditional and digital marketing collateral materials.
- Effectively communicates with Avidia colleagues, introducing them to new marketing initiatives and campaigns prior to external launch.
- Establishes and manages the Marketing budget, including establishing key performance metrics, creating optimal budget allocation, reporting on results, evaluating success and adjusting accordingly.
- Determine appropriate level of resources necessary to fulfill marketing objectives, and determine what activities are best performed by internal staff versus external third parties.
o Select and manage appropriate third parties (advertising agency, PR firm, analytics and direct marketing partner, SEO partner, etc.)
Establish and implement appropriate events and sponsorship program to support the banks business and community relations strategies.
o Represent the Bank through participation in various community and industry related activities. Actively promotes interest in the Bank wherever and whenever possible.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Perform related and unrelated duties as may be required.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications or related business discipline. Masters degree and/or additional industry and professional certifications preferred.
- 10 years of marketing experience including at least 5 years within a depository institution. Three years leading a marketing team developing and executing on the organizations strategic plan.
- Ability to develop a marketing strategy that will deliver results aligned with our corporate vision and business plan.
- Strong background in data analytics and research as it relates to market segmentation, customer behavior and data driven marketing.
- Strong knowledge of and experience using full range of digital marketing tools, including: social media, Search Engine Optimization, Paid Search, Content marketing, and Marketing Automation/CRM.
- 10+ years of progressive senior leadership experience in strategic marketing and business development.
- Experience in developing successful demand generating marketing programs for both businesses (B2B) and consumers (B2C)
- 10+ years of broad functional experience in the areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning, and promotions/advertising.
- 10+-year track record of developing successful, innovative, cost-effective marketing campaigns; and expert-level experience using analytics to drive marketing efforts.
- Experience and knowledge in managing all aspects of marketing campaigns in compliance with regulations, legal requirements, and industry trends.
- Ability to utilize marketing tools and technology including MCIF and marketing analytic resources to inform marketing decisions and improve outcomes.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, management and negotiating skills to maintain effective relationships with senior leadership, the board of directors, management, staff, and outside business partners.
- A professional, courteous image and countenance appropriate for interacting with customers, co-workers, the board of directors, management, business partners and the community.
- Working knowledge of bank regulations, such as the Bank Secrecy Act, as well as other federal laws including the U.S. Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets & Control, Anti-Money Laundering, Right to Financial Privacy Act, and the Bank Bribery Act.